Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Just TE. No judgement, just support and much needed info. While I myself post rarely, I check in daily. I have really noticed a downturn in posting the last several months. I find this quite worrisome.

I finally joined FB a couple years ago, as I was missing out on family/friend info. I do find it helpful for that, but generally find it annoying and spend less and less time with it.
    2011 Specialized Ruby Comp
    2015 Giant Liv Tempt 3

Helene - I have a fake-ish FB account too, a few friends from an old defunct forum... but I mostly use it as a news-feed.

Electra Townie 7D

I'm on a equestrian board also. Have to admit I have been lurking the past year here but not posting much- due to the traffic just being so low and the topics not being there. But I still check weekly if not more.

I think we all need a revival- i used to love coming here and posting!

Agreed. I put TE back in my bookmark list and will check in a few times a day, I'll even try to post a bit more.

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    I truly can't understand why so many forums are going silent, they are a far better way to communicate conversationally than things like FB. Maybe people prefer tiny snippets of info over conversation?
    I agree. The only reason I signed up for Facebook is to keep up with my online friends who have drifted away from the bulldog group. But it's just not the same.

I truly can't understand why so many forums are going silent, they are a far better way to communicate conversationally than things like FB. Maybe people prefer tiny snippets of info over conversation?
    with some forums a slowdown in participation can be seasonal with more people going online during their inclement weather months.

i don't do fb because i don't like 'tiny snippets' that sometimes can also seem a little too vain. There are also too many privacy issues with fb for me. They even capture what you type even if you don't post it. I prefer a private real conversation with a good friend about what's going on in our lives.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

I still read TE every day but I've had a year from hell and have probably ridden less than 100 miles in the last 12 months. Two biopsies led to 2 surgeries, followed by chemo, radiation, and a bunch of unwelcome and probably life-long side effects have sort of sucked the fun out of my life.

The good news is that even with all this craziness going on I bought a new house (yay) and hope that the old one will sell soon. I have a garage now and am seriously thinking about buying another bike once I have recovered a little more. No more bike and racks in the front hall.
    Martha
    Work hard, be nice.
    Read a book.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I have not been active on TE because the discussions don't interest me anymore. While I appreciate that certain people report on their own things, I just don't want want to read about such personal details. My own posts seem uninteresting to others, as well, so there's no motivation to continue. I look at TE about once a month but rarely even log in anymore.

I have a narrow Facebook presence mostly focused on bicycling. I have lost interest in the DC womens cycling forum because of too much posting. There needs to be a balance. I also look at two other forums that relate to my other interests.

I have met a few actual TE-ers and that's been great.

Holy cow withm, sorry to hear about your rough year! Congrats on th e new place though, my honey and I just bought a condo in FL, the future just got interesting.

Electra Townie 7D

Agreed. I put TE back in my bookmark list and will check in a few times a day, I'll even try to post a bit more.
    Agreed. I like the forum format, more privacy too although really all of you and the NSA could just show up at our door.

I joined FB to keep up with far flung family and friends. Don't have other forums, check reddit for news mostly. I'll try to swing by here more often.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I really like this forum- I don't frequent many others. I miss the weight challenge- that was helpful in keeping me on track.

Occasionally I go onto Fiddle Hangout, but it's repetitive after a while - lots of good info for beginners.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Tulip, I hope I didn't post too many personal details for you! And, I hope you continue with your presence here.
    I've met several TEers in person, both local and while traveling. It's always been a fun time and never awkward. I find most TE people are very interesting people, and I hope to personally meet more of you in the future.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I really think we have a shot at ramping up TE again. It's a rare place with women from so many different places, interests, and abilities; it would be a shame to let it fade away without at least trying.

Think I'll go post about my next bike!

Electra Townie 7D

I really think we have a shot at ramping up TE again. It's a rare place with women from so many different places, interests, and abilities; it would be a shame to let it fade away without at least trying.

Think I'll go post about my next bike!
    It's the best place in cyberspace for women athletes. Long live TE!
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I love TE and read the forums somewhat regularly. I've been posting less (and reading less) because I'm working on trying to find a better balance of actually living my life! I've been in classes for the last 2 years (which have sucked up a tremendous amount of time), and I was just accepted into a program which means I won't have that much free time for - oh - the next 8 years. I still love TE and have met some amazing people here - but now, more than ever, I really need to limit my time on the computer that isn't school related. I'll be here when I can be!
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...