Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

First Kettlebell (GS) Competition date finalized

To disable ads, please log-in.

January 31, in Louisville, is our first competition The Dec comp in New Jersey was just too soon, too far, and too expensive for our first competition. This one will be much closer, less expensive, and smaller. This way all three of us will be able to compete at the same competition - though none of us will be in the same weight class so we won't be directly competing against each other. That would be fine anyway, for in the end we are really competing against ourselves. This will be a day trip AND our coach will be with us!

We also, finally, figured out the source of my hip problem and we've time to work on that, Lo and behold, the problem wasn't in my hip at all! Such is often the case. So 3 months and counting

Sounds like a great plan Catrin! I'm also excited for you that you have found the route of your problem

We did our first 10-minute test this morning for the lifts we will be doing in January. I have to complete at least 100 good reps in the time given to make my rank - so it is my minimum number. I did 135 Long Cycles, and I still had lots of gas in the tank! We weren't expecting it this morning, and in 2 weeks we will be doing a full, true test that will be complete with video so our coach can more closely analyze our lifts. I am tempted to move up to the next KB weight (12 KG) for the competition, but quite frankly, that is a large leap in a relatively short time period - slow and steady usually means fewer injuries from stubbornness along the way!
    Last edited by Catrin; 11-01-2014 at 01:24 PM.

This morning was the day. I car-pooled down to Louisville with one of my training partners and our coach first thing. Our other training partner and his wife drove down yesterday. Things went well! I did have a couple of no-reps, and one failed lift. That is only to be expected at my very first competition. I did complete 101 repetitions of the KB Long Cycle in 10 minutes, and I only needed 96 to establish my rank with the 8kg. There was no other woman competing with my weight so I had no direct competitor. I am still a bit wired from the morning's activities, but I think I am finally winding down. I definitely want to do this again - after we address some problems that showed themselves today. I've some problems with breathing on the left side, and also my hip action needs a bit of work, but all in all I cannot complain for my very first event!

Afterwards the 6 of us from Indy went to a restaurant called "Mussels and Burgers" for lunch - the food was great! Finishing up a celebratory glass of port and doing some light reading mixed with light knitting. Just trying to relax so I can sleep tonight.

I am the one in the middle. We aren't competing against each other as we are each lifting different kettlebell weights. We are, however, all doing the same lift, the Long Cycle.

Attachment 17539
    Last edited by Catrin; 02-07-2015 at 04:49 PM.

Congratulations, Catrin, that's great! You must be getting very strong. Keep it up!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Congrats Catrin! Sorry I missed this earlier, great job!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I wish that I was stronger than I am, but that frozen scapula does change how my body responds. Pretty sure that I will be at the August 2 AKA/IUKL Nationals in Chicago - it will be fun!