Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Lightbulb University Survey - Please help.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi,
    I'm not sure whether this should be posted here or in the public polls section...?

I'm Kat and I am just about to start my final year of university doing Fashion Buying with Design.

For my major project I have to come up with a range of clothing being evening wear, casual wear etc. I decided to choose cycling/sports wear as I feel that there is a lack of fashionable cycling items and I wanted to challenge myself.

If you have the time I would like to invite you to answer my survey on cycling wear so I can gain a greater understanding of what I should incorporate into my range.

The survey is over 2 links as Survey Monkey only allows me to do 10 questions per survey and mine is 17 questions. It should take you no longer than 5 - 10 mins and I would really appreciate anyone who decides to fill it out.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9RFLDCR

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9XZGQQK

Thank you in advance.

Kat.

Well, I really think Columbian women's team kit needs to be burned. One thumb down for that one. What were they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by smilingcat View Post
    Well, I really think Columbian women's team kit needs to be burned. One thumb down for that one. What were they thinking?
    oh my… I hadn't seen that before… that has to have been intentional and not designed by a woman….
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Question 9 is problematic, I don't wear any of those brands so I filled in the "other" box, the survey required I go back and choose one of the listed brands.

Electra Townie 7D

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    oh my… I hadn't seen that before… that has to have been intentional and not designed by a woman….
    I think I read somewhere that one of the team members designed them.

I'll try to take the survey, but I suggest that Kat look through the cycling clothes that TE sells (click the "Shop" link at the top of the page) since it's the best collection of interesting cycling clothes that I've found. The web sites for Terry, Moxie and Skirt Sports might also be useful.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I do believe the Columbian team member that designed the kit already addressed the issue. I think it was posted by either Bicyling Mag or Cycling News on Facebook. We have to remember there is a cultural component here. We may not like it, but we are not everyone.
    And as for the OP, I am perfectly happy with the cycling apparel I have.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    Question 9 is problematic, I don't wear any of those brands so I filled in the "other" box, the survey required I go back and choose one of the listed brands.

Yeah I can't do this survey with question 9 as is. I don't think any of the brands you list besides Rapha actually make cycling clothing. Nike used to but not any longer. Rapha is very expensive, I don't even consider them as an option. As I said, spend some time looking at the TE website to see some brands of cycling clothing.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Question 2 is somewhat problematic too… I'm certainly not a pro, but I think fitness is a little less than would describe my riding style. You might want to include non-pro racing and triathlon in there too, as the needs and wants for clothing as different for those categories as would be the difference between what a commuter would want v/s someone doing distance events. To tell the truth, including pro is moot - you wear what the team provides and don't have much choice in it.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

I think the Columbians may not have predicted the effect created by the chamois.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

I haven't gone that deep into it, but apparently they've been wearing the same kit all season long, and the parts that look flesh-colored in that particular photo are actually gold.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Gotta say, it bugs me when people show up asking for help then don't come back to participate in their own thread, makes me sorry I wasted my time... and less likely to bother in the future. She could have used this as a significant learning tool, oh well.

Electra Townie 7D

To be honest, it doesn't bug me. As long as people are polite about it, I don't mind that they just pop in to post a poll, say thanks in advance, and then leave.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Didn't we already have one of these surveys a while back? It seemed to me that the person posting it didn't really understand cycling.
    Many non-cyclists just don't seem to understand that cycling clothing has little to do with fashion, it's functional.
    One thing I find frustrating about this particular survey is that it expects people to define themselves so narrowly. Many people commute AND ride for fun AND compete in triathlons or amateur racing. Not many cyclists do just one kind of cycling.
    E.T.A.: tried to put something in the "other" category for brand and it was rejected.
    Last edited by nuliajuk; 10-01-2014 at 02:17 PM.
    Queen of the sea beasts