Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Kitsap Color Classic

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anyone planning to do the Kitsap Color Classic? It's a beautiful ride and quite an experience watching hundreds of cyclists riding off the ferry. It's Cascade's last big ride of the year, and the weather's usually cold and rainy. However, it's a week earlier this year, and the forecast is sunny and in the mid-80s. We're having amazing summer weather here in the PNW, and it doesn't look like it's going to end.

Yeppers! Love that ride. Especially when the weather is good, as it's going to be. The ferry ride is always a bonus too, love that!
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

Whew, that was hilly! But a lovely day out on the bike. Puget Sound was glistening today. Wish I could have spent more time at Port Gamble. I need to go back there soon, it's so charming.
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

What a beautiful day! This was my first time doing this ride. I felt burnt out after STP and haven't done any recent cycling aside from commuting and puttering around on vacation, so I was pleased with myself for riding the Poulsbo loop, and doubly pleased when my boyfriend didn't try very hard to convince me to do the second loop too. I love love love joining the long line of cyclists streaming onto and off of the ferry, and the sound of humming wheels when everyone is close together for the first few miles.

Sounds like everyone had a wonderful ride on the Kitsap Color Classic. That really is one of my favorite rides. Since the forecast was mid-80s and I tend to overheat when it's in the 80s, especially on hills, DH and I decided to do our Maltby-Granite Hills ride on Saturday instead. Glad you all had a great time! You should definitely go back in the summer when you can have a more leisurely ride and spend more time in Port Gamble and Poulsbo.