Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hip pain?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Well, something good is happening Pretty much as soon as I started the breathing exercises my chiropractor and the lateral core exercises my coach gave me, my hip symptoms have almost disappeared. Time will tell if this has "solved" it, but there seems a connection.

In other fronts, we've settled on my first competition date in February! I HAD been planning on early December (in New Jersey), but that is a bit too soon. I've come a long way, but I won't be quite ready for December. I ALSO want my first competition to be in driving distance, not a very expensive trip to the east coast! My two training partners will be coming with me, so all three of us will debut at the kettlebell competition platform party at the same time They are both much younger than I, so they help me stay humble on my progress. I've come a long way, but it does take a bit longer at 55 than 25.
    Last edited by Catrin; 10-05-2014 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
    Suggestions for website that shows good hip openers? My left IT band, knee, leg... issue is related to my hip/glutes. I have about 5 different stretches, exercises I do but am alway open to different ones.
    Catrin, I feel for you, mine actually presents in my knee, not my hip but will wake me up sometimes when I attempt to roll over.
    you can find stretching and using a foam roller on the IT band helps

yep, I foam roll every day and lots of "fun" stretching My injuries of youth are just catching up to me
    Quote Originally Posted by emy99 View Post
    you can find stretching and using a foam roller on the IT band helps
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

For me I've found working on hip mobility has worked much better on my IT Band and hammies than rolling ever did, but that's just been my experience recently.