Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by humblpirate View Post
    I called my LBS and they have a new 2014 Ruby Sport with tiagra/105 mix for $1800. Is this a better deal for what I would be getting? I prefer the colors of the cheaper bike but that isn't everything (I put too high a high premium on what a bike looks like tbh)
    Yes. That is a pretty good deal. Make sure that the shifters and rear derailleur are 105. The front derailleur is a pretty cheap replacement when the time comes.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Yep, that's the mix. Tiagra cassette.

Hey @ibrakeforpastry it sounds like we're in the same boat! What are they selling that bike for? I like the titanium, but I have the black and purple Dolce and I love the colors sooo much. I really just isn't want the red in there. I haven't seen it in person yet, but there are red highlights.
    I'm sure I'll give the Dolce another season before I buy yet another road bike. I need to get an all-around street bike since my Specialized Sirrus was stolen over the summer. I will most likely have a Jamis Coda in my stable before the end of the month to fill that niche.

I noticed the geometry of the Ruby is a little different than the Dolce, so I'll need to give it a good test ride before I decide. I think the price was just about $1700.

Yep, that's the mix. Tiagra cassette.
    A lot of manufacturers have been doing that. "Visible" components (the ones with the name on it!) are 105, the rest is Tiagra. Not a huge deal, because those are cheap to replace, relatively speaking. You'll have to replace the cassette at some point anyway.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by IBrakeforPastry View Post
    I'm sure I'll give the Dolce another season before I buy yet another road bike. I need to get an all-around street bike since my Specialized Sirrus was stolen over the summer. I will most likely have a Jamis Coda in my stable before the end of the month to fill that niche.

I noticed the geometry of the Ruby is a little different than the Dolce, so I'll need to give it a good test ride before I decide. I think the price was just about $1700.
    I found the Ruby to fit me even better than the Dolce. I had a bike fit done on the Dolce and my LBS brought those measurements over to the Ruby and still it seemed to fit even better somehow. I'm sure it's different for everyone. Good luck with your search. I had a Coda about 8 years ago and it was a solid bike before mine was stolen.