Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

wow when did this page or section appear?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Really chuffed to see a recumbent section mostly for women. I belong to two other recumbents web site. Not too crazy about one and other one is very cordial. Maybe we can get this one going a bit more and spread the word out on recumbents and trikes.

I ride a super heavy duty trike (ez-3). It's a truck in terms of weight and handling so looking for something lighter. EZ-3 gives me a really hard work out

I really would like a Cattrike Pocket since its about the only one out there that will fit me. Rest are wayy too big. I've been designing and building my own velomobile (trikes/recumbents) with full fairing/body. It's an on and off project for sometime. I've got too many other things going and there is only one of me.

Well, nice to see others ride a recumbent. And yes they are comfortable. I ride one because I can't afford any more crashes with head injuries. It's kind of hard to fall over on a trike. And even if you do, your head is so much closer to the ground.

Very cool!! Maybe I'll post more often here to get attention of other ladies here. I love trikes and recumbents.

I've never ridden a recumbent, but I have several friends who like them. What I find interesting is the variation in designs -- some are actually not much lower than a typical road bike.

One member of my bike club has an electric motor on his, to help him get up the hills. Interestingly, he's looking into getting a regular road bike for short rides, because of the time it takes to set up/take apart his recumbent before and after rides.

I know another person who has Parkinson's Disease, which has affected his balance, so he bought a trike last year. Although he's riding slower now, he's able to ride without crashing, so the trike is helping him to stay active.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

The touring club that I belong to might as well change it's name to recumbent club. I went on one of the weekend rides and there were only two of us on regular bikes - the other four participants were on recumbents. Most of the people who own them got them because they got back problems riding a regular bike.
    Queen of the sea beasts

I'm getting to a point where I'm tempted to save money for cattrike pocket instead of more machining tool. So much easier to buy one then to build one. I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. But Cat trike pocket is talking to me... http://www.catrike.com/#!pocket/c1ap4

I'm going to have to think about it some more. Dreaming is good.

Yes! I was wishing that the conversation would pick up. I'm not too crazy about the other, sorta male dominated, recumbent forums. Definite differences in communication styles between men and women... I did a ride report in the Northwest section of this forum describing my STP experience on a lwb recumbent. Maybe I should re-post it here and get a recumbent ride report thread going.

I too have been longing for a trike. The greenspeeds sound like what I am wanting, but they are soooo pricey, and it's a really long drive to Oregon just to try one.

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2009 Specialized Tricross
    2012 Trek Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by lauraelmore1033 View Post
    Yes! I was wishing that the conversation would pick up. I'm not too crazy about the other, sorta male dominated, recumbent forums. Definite differences in communication styles between men and women... I did a ride report in the Northwest section of this forum describing my STP experience on a lwb recumbent. Maybe I should re-post it here and get a recumbent ride report thread going.

I too have been longing for a trike. The greenspeeds sound like what I am wanting, but they are soooo pricey, and it's a really long drive to Oregon just to try one.
    but your location says Pacific Northwest and a long drive to Oregon? Must be north of Bellingham or way out on one of the San Juan Island. Very pretty up there. I looked for a place in Coupville and surrounding area for me to move. Deception Pass is scary but oh so gorgeous.

Coventry cycle is in Portland. Try a trike there or maybe you can find someone near your area who has a trike. Try OHPV association and there might be someone in your area with a trike to try, OHPV members are so much more laid back. Just pop in and ask few questionns. I know several members and all of the men are so nice and so polite!!

I see you've listed Bachetta. A two wheel recumbent. Lot of people love it!! I had to look up what Bellandare looked like. Looks a lot like Bella.
    Last edited by smilingcat; 10-05-2014 at 07:50 PM.

It's a three+ hour drive to Portland, but I thought Coventry was even farther south. I'll check out OHPV. I do love my Bachetta, but being the hill slug that I am, it's not as stable on climbs as I would like. I think the Bellandare does look a lot like the Bella. Not sure there are many differences.

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2012 Trek Mamba

I am new to this forum.
    I have a tour easy long well base recumbent and love taking self contained trips on it.
    I switched to the recumbent for the comfort on long trips and it has proved to be the perfect way to travel!

Welcome cycle cherry! as you can see, the recumbent section doesn't see much activity, sorry your post didn't get a response until now. Try the general topics and I guarantee you will get a lot warmer welcome. I would love to hear more about your trips on your tour easy.

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2012 Trek Mamba

Cycle cherry, welcome to a tour easy rider. My DH loves his tour easy recumbent, and calls it his cadillac.