Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Best Sports Bras and Tops for Nursing Athletes

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi there! I just had our baby 3 months ago and am looking to get back into cycling. I am exclusively breastfeeding right now, and am planning to pump so that I can get out for a few hours and my husband can feed her while I'm gone. Pre-baby, my rides ranged from 30-75 miles. Counting the drive out to our preferred bike paths, and lunch breaks, we would usually be gone from 7:00 or 8:00 a.m. and would return around 4:00 p.m., and sometimes later. I have two questions: 1) Does anyone have any advice on what sports bras are easiest for pumping? 2) What is the best way to store breastmilk while on rides? My plan was to ride with a breast pump in a backpack, pump every few hours, and keep the milk in an insulated bottle in the backpack. Upon completion of the ride, I would then put it in a cooler with ice in the car for the trip home, which is usually about an hour. Thoughts?

I also have no direct experience, but suggest calling or emailing the customer service folks at TE. As far as I know they don't have any sports bras specifically designed for nursing, but they might be able to help you find something that works for you, in terms of size, support, etc. They know their product line very well and are always very helpful.

Also depending on the climate where you live, you might want to add a cold pack to whatever bag you use to carry the insulated bottle. like the ice substitutes they sell at The Container Store:

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/k...IceSubstitutes

Good luck!!

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I'd want to monitor the temperature carefully and ask an expert about time and temperature for storing the milk safely.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.