Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

2015 Specialized Amira Expert and Amira Comp

To disable ads, please log-in.

Here I go again.

Today I stopped at my LBS to check on something. While discussing with owner about bringing at the end of cycling season my 2014 Amira Expert in to take it apart so I can bring the frame to a special paint shop to have it modify to a colour I'd like he had a flash. He showed me the catalogue and told me to come back in September when receives the new glossy white/pink Amira. ahhhhhhhhhhhh And he would trade-in my actual Amira with the new one if I like it (less some difference I guess but he's very talkable). He took in my Kuota in exchange (I had bought it there) and he sold almost instantly my Kuota as it was top shape. Soooooo now I may have a dilemma.

Either get a new 2015 by taking into account the cost of new paint job and LBS work to put it in part and then up or just keep my 2014 and bite the bullet and get it repainted to my choice of colours, which may void the warranty if carbon frame cracks at some point as it may not be "original".

Now... my question as I did not think to ask the LBS this afternoon thinking the bike pic he showed me was the Amira Expert. But it is a Comp.

Is there a difference in the geometry itself? I love love mine actually and would not want it sportier or having to pedal harder to get same speed as current. My husband said the Comp should be easier for me on hills due to crank or whatever (can't recall). I noticed the carbon number his higher = probably heavier on the Comp but I don't think it would make such a huge difference in the weight, for my situation anyway. Mine is extremely light and I don't think a pound (no clue about weight) would make a difference that much on my speed. I don't race!

Of course my best answer is to go and try it again on a 100km ride when it gets into the store. Which is my intention obviously.

So I am curious to know if the geometry is about the same or not?

I have never been so happy and comfy on a bike as my Amira Expert. I may not be fast. I may not race. But I certainly have fun, have a huge smile while riding it. And no pain when on it. I would not change for a new model just because I like the colour. At that point, a new paint job on the current one would do just the trick. But if I can get a new model - already painted to my taste (and I'm keeping my American Classic pink wheel set anyway) for price of modifying mine, decision would be easy to take.

Here is the link
    http://www.specialized.com/ca/fc/bik...aAmiraSL4Comp/

Why do you want a new paint job? If every part of your bike makes you happy, then can you just deal with it? The paint is just window dressing. It doesn't make any difference in your riding. I know some people get all excited about paint/custom jobs, but, in the end, it's not going to make riding any better for you.
    I don't know anything about the Amira, so I can't answer your questions about the weight, etc. You already said weight doesn't matter. As far as cranks, my LBS tried to sell me that load of sh!t about longer cranks making me into a "powerful animal" on climbs when I bought my Kuota. Yeah, sure. I could barely turn the pedals with th 170 mm cranks and I *never* stand when I climb. My hips felt out of whack, too. Both of my previous bikes had 165 cranks and I had to push the case for them to order me 165s for my frame. Someone 5' 1" doesn't need bigger cranks.
    If you have to have the paint job, then get it. I would not get a new frame.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Everything is good on current amira but the colour and this is important for me. It was the condition I bought it if it could be repainted. This one is flat black with zebra stripes. Hate it. To me it looks on primer. Superficial I know as it does not affect riding. But it affects my style....which is colourful. so no I just can't deal with it. it was part of the deal. I take it and have it repainted in the coming winter.

Either is it painted to my liking (just not too too girly) or I trade it in for a 2015 that has a shiny fun colour and same riding style I love now. Just wanted to know the tech difference between the 2 amiras as I am not good beside reading they have just a few differences on paper.

now why this specialized came out a year too late with colour I liked!�� ☺

Is there someone who can help you compare the geometry on paper?
    I still would go for the paint job, though.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Paint job is my 1st option. Trading it in would ok only be if same handling, comfort, etc as current.

I could go back to store and they'd explain clearly but I've seen pics/specs last night and was curious mostly on geometry/handling.

Quote Originally Posted by Helene2013 View Post
    I have never been so happy and comfy on a bike as my Amira Expert.
    and you'll have a personalized paint job......make sure whoever is painting knows the added prep for carbon
    Last edited by rebeccaC; 08-30-2014 at 09:34 AM.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Quote Originally Posted by Helene2013 View Post
    Paint job is my 1st option. Trading it in would ok only be if same handling, comfort, etc as current.

I could go back to store and they'd explain clearly but I've seen pics/specs last night and was curious mostly on geometry/handling.
    You can call Specialized.com to see if there is any change in geometry and if there are any differences between the 2014 and the 2015 models. As far as I know, there are not really any changes this year on the Amira, but there are drastic changes on the higher end Tarmacs (the higher end Tarmacs apparently now adjust their geometry slightly based on varying sizes of the Tarmacs). So you can either look up the 2015 and the 2014 models and compare the geometries and then confirm it by calling Specialized.com
    2014 Liv Lust
    2013 Specialized Fate Expert with carbon wheelset (sold)
    2012 Specialized Amira Elite
    2010 Santa Cruz Juliana with R kit and Crampon pedals (sold)

2011 Specialized Ariel Sport,suspension post,Serfas Rx Women's Microfiber saddle (sold)

Thank you. I think it is a great idea. I will write to them this weekend and will let you know.

I would think online there would be a geometry chart for the 2014 and then when the 2015 comes out there'll be a geometry chart for that one and you could compare.
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse