Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Jamis Coda and Allegro

To disable ads, please log-in.

Are these bikes the same, just one in steel and one in aluminum? The geometries look the same, and aside from the component combinations, I'm just wondering what other differences there may be, and if they're designed for the same types of riding.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Quote Originally Posted by IBrakeforPastry View Post
    Are these bikes the same, just one in steel and one in aluminum? The geometries look the same, and aside from the component combinations, I'm just wondering what other differences there may be, and if they're designed for the same types of riding.
    I don't know the Allegra, but the Coda is steel and has a really smooth ride. If you are considering them, test ride each; the difference between aluminum and steel is startling to me. The Coda is a great bike.

I already test rode the Coda. The dealer is about 2 hours away and I e-mailed him to say I'll be in town next month, and I want a Coda. Then I started wondering about the Allegro... I should stick with my original plan.

The Coda is a great bike. Wonderful ride; after becoming reacquainted with steel, it became my ride of choice.

1990 Univega Alpina/(stock) gel saddle
    2009 Specialized Dolce Elite/BG Lithia saddle
    2009 Jamis Coda Sport/Selle Royale Respiro saddle
    2010 Jamis Aurora/Jamis Touring Sport saddle