Thanks, AppleTree! I much prefer the Lake McMurray route to avoid the climb up Finn Settlement/Lake Cavanaugh Road on Day 1.

Here are our route maps for Day 1 and Day 2, including the alternative route around Lake McMurray, which cuts out several hundred feet of climbing. Day 2 includes the short detour at the end of Barnett Highway.

RSVP Day 1 Route

RSVP Day 2 Route

Jean, although the Seaside bike path was more crowded, it was more scenic and much easier than riding through downtown. I don't think Cascade would ever change the finish since it's practically tradition to end at the Coast Plaza, but depending on the feedback for this year's ride, the Cascade ride organizers may want to consider a more direct route through downtown. I don't know why they don't take advantage of the separated bike lanes (e.g. Hornby) throughout downtown then just have everyone ride up Comox to the Coast Plaza. After celebrating with friends at the Coast Plaza Hotel we've always had to ride with our drop bags to whatever area we're staying. Whether that's in Yaletown or in Chinatown near the Central area, it's always been really easy for us to ride with our bags using Vancouver's separated bike lanes, even after such a long ride.