Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice needed!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hmm...the Switchback has less capacity overall - but so long as that isn't a problem, it looks like it might work. I think it has regular rack mounts plus the sleeve thing for their rack. Adventure cycling seems to have slightly better descriptions (here and here).
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    Hmm...the Switchback has less capacity overall - but so long as that isn't a problem, it looks like it might work. I think it has regular rack mounts plus the sleeve thing for their rack. Adventure cycling seems to have slightly better descriptions (here and here).
    Okay. I just bought the Switchback for $103.00, and the Transit Torrent for about 55.00 on sale at Performance. So...Plenty of capacity. I need more than one bag if I'm carrying my purse, stuff for the entire day at work, and possibly cycling gear for a noon ride on a different bike. (Yeah, I know. ). I'll have to watch the weight limit on the rack, but it looks sturdy. Some days, I would just need one or the other pannier, depending on what I bring, and if I go home for lunch, or whatever.

We'll see how this goes. (Thanks, Blueberry! Much appreciated).
    Last edited by Muirenn; 08-18-2014 at 12:17 PM.
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!

You know you spend too much time on TE when your remember, search for, and link to a thread from 2 years ago that you didn't even post a comment in, and don't even own the product that you refer to.

Blueberry, I have a very sturdy seatpost rack, not by Arkel, that I'm considering using with a bag like the Bug or the Switchback for commuting. I'll post a picture of it later. Perhaps you could give me an opinion as to whether it would work with an Arkel bag. It holds up to 40 lbs. Got it from a LBS when I bought my CAADX, but have never used it.

Have you seen the Lone Peak Swayback, made in USA and really nice bag http://store.biketouringnews.com/lon...k-pack-rp-500/

Quote Originally Posted by emy99 View Post
    You know you spend too much time on TE when your remember, search for, and link to a thread from 2 years ago that you didn't even post a comment in, and don't even own the product that you refer to.

Blueberry, I have a very sturdy seatpost rack, not by Arkel, that I'm considering using with a bag like the Bug or the Switchback for commuting. I'll post a picture of it later. Perhaps you could give me an opinion as to whether it would work with an Arkel bag. It holds up to 40 lbs. Got it from a LBS when I bought my CAADX, but have never used it.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
    Have you seen the Lone Peak Swayback, made in USA and really nice bag http://store.biketouringnews.com/lon...k-pack-rp-500/
    And have you seen post number 5 from this thread? (hint, she plagiarized me word for word! WTH? Is there a minimum before she can post certain things? Creepy). Didn't bother to see if she did it to anyone else.

Battswebb

Surly Krampus!

Truly bizarre! Didn't look at her other posts to see. Probably spammers trying to get past the software.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    Truly bizarre! Didn't look at her other posts to see. Probably spammers trying to get past the software.
    Kind of funny, considering the post she chose mentioned spending too much time on TE, referenced threads from 2 years ago, and yet it's only their 5th post. Yeah.

Battswebb

Surly Krampus!

Oh man, that is pathetic I don't even think to look at history.

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Kind of funny, considering the post she chose mentioned spending too much time on TE, referenced threads from 2 years ago, and yet it's only their 5th post. Yeah.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
    Oh man, that is pathetic I don't even think to look at history.
    Yeah, I actually noticed it the moment it came up on the side feed, but was going to let it go until you quoted it. Just wrong. (Not on you, of course).

I rather like the trunk bag you linked to, though.

Battswebb

Surly Krampus!