Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Talk to me about sweat bands and stuff like that

To disable ads, please log-in.

Tucson has a lot of hot weather between May and October, but July-September it's a little more humid than the rest of the season which is a "dry heat".

I'm getting tired of having sweat dripping in to my eyes as I'm doing my best to climb (at my usual snail's pace) up the mountain- and having nothing but the yucky back of my glove to wipe my eyes. I also get a lot of crusty white build up on the ends of my hair- not exactly what most people mean by "salt and pepper".

Suggestions on the best options for coping with the sweat?

Thanks, Sharon
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Being from humid NC, I swear by Halo headbands. They really do a good job at sopping up the sweat and keeping it from dripping all over your face. I am a head/face sweater, so I have to wear these on rides in humid weather, or even hot and dry weather like we've been having here in eastern WA.

They really last a long time, too. I bought mine years ago, and they are still going strong. Did not find them here on TE, but they sell them at REI and many places online, like Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Headbands.../dp/B0085QI8VO

Hope this helps!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I wear a half buff. They hold my hair back as well as keep sweat from rolling into my eyes.

Thanks- I won't need anything to hold my hair back as it's short and depressingly thin.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

I have very short hair, and usually wear a wicking beanie under my helmet. It manages the sweat and helps prevent scalp sunburn through the helmet vents.