Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Cross is coming....

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anyone looking forward to it? I just signed up for my first two races in this area (having moved at the end of December). Right now I am training for a long, tough, gravel ride, so I have not joined any CX practice yet...

I just bought a bike and signed up for a clinic this weekend. I have been riding the bike a little- need to learn to mount and dismount- only parts I'm nervous about! But looking forward to race season starting in a few weeks!

Yay! Congratulations on the new bike. What did you get? Picture(s) please.

I bought a slightly used Cannondale SuperX with Rival (2014). I will need to get pics! My work blocks access to FB where I have a photo of it Took a clinic this past weekend- got much better on turns and comfy on off camber turns- still not ok with moving dismounts/mounts. Can't seem to bring my leg behind me when moving- total mental issue! Hopefully through pracitce I will get there. Until then, keep practicing and if I have to stop- hope no one runs into the back of me

My DH has the 2013 SuperX...nice!!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

You will LOVE the SuperX! I have two (race and pit), as well as one that we've converted to a SSCX race bike

I'm off on two big gravel road race adventures in the next two weeks, then instructing at a CX clinic the first week of September, and then it is full on CX racing ALL. THE. TIME! My wallet isn't quite as excited as the rest of me (I've registered for two race weekends so far, and with DH and I both racing, it's been over $350 in reg fees ).

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

@SheFly... you would not be doing Rebecca's Private Idaho, would you? I am looking forward to RPI. And I am somewhat nervous!

Anyone doing Charm City Cross? It will be my first race in the area.

PLL - that looks AWESOME! Not doing that one, sadly, but I might have to put it on the list. We are doing the Vermont Overland Grand Prix this Sunday, and then the Dirty 40 next Saturday. Both are run by AWESOME people and are really fun events. I'm really looking forward to it.

PLEASE post a report and pictures. Are you doing the big loop?

SheFly

Not 100% sure. I have not been able to ride that distance around here on gravel. I tried two weekends ago (around Frederick, where it's hilly) and the heat and humidity got to me around mile 55... I should have started earlier in the day. I know in Ketchum the temperature would play in my favor and two very good friends will be there, so I probably will give it a go.

Maybe next year we shall meet there.

SheFly: Rebecca's Private Idaho was amazing. Posted a short blurb under August rides. PM if you want a more extended report, but I recommend this ride 100%. Would love to read our impressions of the Overland and the Dirty 40. Have you also done the Darn Tough Ride?

PLL - that looks/sounds awesome! I need to do a full write up, but I will say that the VOGP and Dirty40 were two of the HARDEST races I have EVER DONE (and I race A LOT!). Of course, there were plenty of people who did both as a ride vs. a race, and the support/scenery for both was amazing. Unfortunately, with all of the climbing, and the high consistent power output, my hip is still not right!

Haven't done the Darn Tough Ride - it conflicts with some other events, sadly.

Off to the first race of the CX season this weekend! Bring on the SSCX races!

SheFly