Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Wish a Mile 300

Wish a Mile 300

To disable ads, please log-in.

I rode this last weekend for the first time. What an amazing, awe-inspiring, fantastically supported and fun ride! 100% of the fundraising goes to Make a Wish Michigan, and my team raised $30,000.

I had no idea if I was going to be able to ride 300 miles in three days, but I did it without any major stress on my body. Up at 4, loaded at the hotel for the ride to the school at 4:30, breakfast, ride prep and on the road at the 6am start each morning - ready to roll.

My veteran teammates had the experience of camping/gym sleeping and no longer will go that route, so we did the hotels overnight. Sweet!

WAM rents a fleet of vans and has roving SAGs and Medics throughout and fully-stocked rest stops every 12 or so miles. The volunteers are an amazing group of cheerleaders who keep pumping you up as you ride. The Flint school of massage provided teachers and students at lunch stops and end of ride stops each day for 10-15 minute relief.

We rode from Traverse City to Big Rapids to DeWitt to Brooklyn and finished on the track of the Michigan International Sppedwway where we were met by our Wish Heros - kids who had already been granted wishes.

I feel so blessed to have had the experience. I rode on an all female team and we had a blast. There were eight of us who rode the 300, and we were joined by other teammates at the end who did the 50 mile ride.
    2010 Trek Madone 4.5
    2013 Velo Orange Campeur

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	17309 Team Buttercup
    2010 Trek Madone 4.5
    2013 Velo Orange Campeur

Wow! That sounds great. I wonder if they have that here in WA. Will look into it. It's hard not to love Make A Wish. Good for you guys!
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks