Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How many different bikes do you have?

To disable ads, please log-in.

So I have two bikes an old mountain bike and my new road bike I bought this year. I decided that my mountain bike needed a few miles put on it this week so I am taking it out this afternoon after work. I was missing the feel of the mountain bike a bit. Although putting it on the car rack this morning, I forgot how much heavier it was lol

So my question is how many different bikes do you have and how often do you ride them?

Two.

I have a 2011 Madone for the roads. This is my main ride--I go out 2-3 times per week, but that is going to dwindle rapidly to 1-2.

My other steed is a Cannondale Quick hybrid. I ride this occasionally on the rail trail or to the pool with my kid.

We have 2 each. Our road bikes (new) and our 1992 steel hybrids which weighs probably 30lbs. yikes. We took our hybrids on our vacation (now) so we can ride in crushed stones trails. But we do not like the braking (too slow) and climbing hills when we are used to road bikes is a torture. So we'll look this coming fall into giving those to the needed and get lighter cyclocross bikes in aluminium.

I have 2. Both are road bikes, but slightly different. One is carbon and very light and aggressive. The other is a custom titanium with couplers for taking it apart for travel in a standard sized suitcase. It also has a rack and very low gearing, even lower than my carbon bike with a triple.
    I used to have a flat bar steel road bike/hybrid and a FS mountain bike. I stopped mountain biking about 4 years ago and sold it. The hybrid got sold when I got the custom, which was probably a mistake.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I have 4. A carbon frame road bike, aluminum frame road bike, aluminum frame mountain bike, and a hybrid bike. The carbon road bike I use for TT. Aluminum road bike I use for recreational rides. The hybrid I ride on gravel trails/paths. The mountain bike I ride on single track. I'm usually on a bike 4-5x week depending on work schedule/life/weather. It's addictive, 5 yrs ago I would of never thought I would be on a carbon bike doing TT, but I am and I love it.
    No pressure No diamonds

Carbon road, aluminum CX, steel mtn., aluminum fat bike (my 13 year old has pretty much taken that one over. Once he grows a bit we'll likely be getting him his own fat bike). CX bike is about to be replaced with a custom Ti CX bike. We also have a tandem, but that's not really "mine." I just borrow the stoker spot. That bike was purchased more as a means for our son to be able to ride with us.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

I have three, soon to be two. I still have my ancient Specialized Rockhopper that I bought in 1997. I gave it to my best-friend who never rode it and gave it back to me. I also have my entry road bike, a Specialized Dolce (2005) that will be sold after I use it on our beach vacation next week, and then I have my Specialized Ruby. I ride it at minimum 4 days a week.
    Vertically challenged, but expanding my horizons.

Three: Aluminum road bike (Giant Avail, hopefully one day to be replaced with a more aggressive carbon bike, but will be kept for sentimental reasons/trainer bike), steel cyclocross bike (Charge), and a steel mid-90s rigid mountain bike (Giant Iguana, named Godzilla).

When I actually had time to ride, the road bike got the most use, but I did love my CX bike for the rain and playing around off-road. The Iguana, sadly, hasn't been ridden while in my possession. I'm trying to work out one or two issues with the seat post.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Just one for now: a custom-built Cannondale CAAD4 mountain bike. I built it from the frame up with a mix of new and used parts and I upgrade here and there when I come across affordable parts I find interesting. Currently it's at about 10.5 kgs, I intend to drop it below 10.

I would love to add a nice road bike to my collection as well, but since I don't have enough money or room in my apartment for two bikes, I guess it will have to wait. Maintaining this one can get costly enough as it is when you're a student.

I have three:

--A Jamis Quest, my "first bike" (at least first adult bike) that I got as my graduated grad school present. It felt like a fairly sporty road bike at the time, but now is my relaxed commuter/utility bike, with fenders and sometimes a rack. It's a pretty nice bike to have as a utility bike!

--An old Colnago, that I got on a whim. DH had bought a vintage Cinelli, and wouldn't shut up about how much he loved riding it. I was looking on Craigslist one day, which I very rarely do, and there it was, for sale in the same neighborhood I live in. Must be a sign. Looked like it might be my size, thought I'd just take a test ride, and next thing I knew, I had another bike. For a bit I worried that I had made a horrible mistake--more aggressive geometry, different feeling, and the downtube shifters were a bit tricky for a while. But next thing I knew, I was in love. I've since upgraded the drivetrain and wheels (that took care of Christmas and my birthday for a few years...), and it's my darling--so much fun! I'm taking a bike trip to Italy at the end of the summer, and I'm looking forward to bringing my Italian bike home...

--A Wabi Classic singlespeed. I ordered this on a whim while I still had the downtube shifters on my Colnago. Some rides I would go from "it's too much bother to shift for this little change in terrain" to "I wonder if I can do this without shifting..." This is sometimes my go-to bike when I'm tired. I find its simplicity mentally relaxing because without the option to shift, there's a lot less decision making to do. Also it is slightly undergeared for the flats to preserve a chance of making it up the hills, so I can't hammer on the flats--I am more relaxed and patient with myself when riding it.

So, three steel road bikes... But each has its distinct personality, and I don't want to give up any of them! In fact, I'm already thinking about what I might want in the next bike...
    1980-something Colnago
    2010 Jamis Quest
    2013 Wabi Classic

mebikedolomitesoneday.wordpress.com

I have two at present- 2011 Ruby carbon road bike and a Surly Long Haul Trucker (steel) touring bike which I bought for trying some bike camping. I ride the road bike 3-5 times a week and the Surly occasionally for errands. We've taken just one short camping trip so far.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

I have two.
    Bernard is my Gilles Berthoud touring bike that doubles as a road bike and a commuter bike and occasionally a dirt road bike.
    Willow, is my Surly ECR, to use the new buzz words - my bike packing bike.
    Both steel
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

I have recently down-sized the stable (sold my Kona Hei Hei and Specialized Transition TT bike), and now only () have the following:

- Cannondale EVO (road bike)
    - Cannondale Scalpel 29er (MTB)
    - Cannondale SuperX (CX bike) x2 - one for racing and one for my pit bike/gravel road riding
    - Cannondale SuperX (SSCX bike)
    - Motobecane 29er (SSMTB)
    - Charge Cooker Maxi (fat bike - soon to be replaced by a Borealis Yampa - the only bike I have EVER lusted over!)

We also have a Cannondale tandem...

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Too many! Anyone want to buy either a Bianchi steel road bike or a Scattante aluminum cross bike? (Seriously. I need to make room.)

Three here, but actually a little too similar.

Merlin titanium road bike (with carbon fork)
    Aquilla aluminum cyclocross, set up like a road bike
    Bike Friday steel folding bike, set up like a road bike

I think the next bike I need is something for trails and gravel. Like the Rocky Mountain Whistler I used to have before I sold it after I bought the Merlin.