Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: New to site

New to site

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi! I've posted a couple of times on various threads, but realized that I hadn't formally introduced myself.

I'm 62, and was heavily involved in cycling throughout the '90's and into 2002. I was a single parent, and I got my son involved as well, but couldn't get my daughter into it as she was more interested In the boys. My career started to interfere, and I couldn't ride as much as I wanted and it dwindled to non existent . Four and a half years ago, I purchased a 2010 Specialized Sirrus Expert, as I wanted to start riding again--but was having some neck issues, and I thought this bike would be more comfortable (for my neck). I then had to go on a three year hiatus, as I had to have various orthopedic surgeries, and now I'm at a point where I want to get back on the bike. I'm also retired now, and I found a great group in which I can ride with, and looking forward to joining them once I get some of my endurance back. Unfortunately, I did get rid of my road bike and mountain bike six years ago--but I still have the Sirrus. I plan on purchasing a road bike within the next four mos. I know which bike I want, but I'll test ride another as well (I've narrowed it down to two).

I thoroughly enjoy this site, it's keeping me focused (I'm currently in a walking boot recovering from surgery), and can't wait to once again, participate in a sport I dearly love.
    Last edited by CAS; 07-26-2014 at 03:24 PM.

Welcome.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Best of luck with your recovery. I hope you're pedaling again soon.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Quote Originally Posted by CAS View Post
    Hi! I've posted a couple of times on various threads, but realized that I hadn't formally introduced myself.

I'm 62, and was heavily involved in cycling throughout the '90's and into 2002. I was a single parent, and I got my son involved as well, but couldn't get my daughter into it as she was more interested In the boys. My career started to interfere, and I couldn't ride as much as I wanted and it dwindled to non existent . Four and a half years ago, I purchased a 2010 Specialized Sirrus Expert, as I wanted to start riding again--but was having some neck issues, and I thought this bike would be more comfortable (for my neck). I then had to go on a three year hiatus, as I had to have various orthopedic surgeries, and now I'm at a point where I want to get back on the bike. I'm also retired now, and I found a great group in which I can ride with, and looking forward to joining them once I get some of my endurance back. Unfortunately, I did get rid of my road bike and mountain bike six years ago--but I still have the Sirrus. I plan on purchasing a road bike within the next four mos. I know which bike I want, but I'll test ride another as well (I've narrowed it down to two).

I thoroughly enjoy this site, it's keeping me focused (I'm currently in a walking boot recovering from surgery), and can't wait to once again, participate in a sport I dearly love.
    Best of luck CAS! Now that you are retired hope you can heal quickly and get to riding as much as you want.. Have fun shopping for your new steed!
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

Thank you, all! My doctor laughed when I told her I HAVE to recover quickly so I can get back on! Of course I will follow her instructions to the "T", as I don't want any problems. I love reading everyone's advice, though, on the various threads--it's a great review--as well as learning new ways. Again, thank you!