Ladies-

I'm curious what your ideas are. I'm 35 and married. I do NOT plan to have children (have been of that opinion for a long time and seriously doubt it would change). I have been on birth control pills since college, with a small break during which I used a hormonal IUD. I have been told I can't use an IUD again, since I turned that one around in my uterus and ejected an arm (on my honeymoon, no less).

The problem is - even with great diet and exercise - I can't lose weight. Not a pound. The only way I have ever had success (more than a 10 pound loss) is Atkins, and I had some nasty side effects from that. I eat a balanced, mostly veggie, real food diet.

I'm starting to wonder if my birth control pills (which I take continuously) are the issue. Anybody dealt with this? Any words of wisdom? Efficacy is high on my requirements list - so condoms really aren't sufficient. I want to go to my annual appointment with my gyn armed with all pertinent information - so go! FWIW my gyn doesn't think the pills are the issue - but she doesn't have a basis for that. Weight gain started for me about the time I started taking them (which was also when I went off to college - so hard to know what was the real cause), and has been stable for ~18 years with minor gains (due to a crappy job situation resulting in reduced exercise and bad eating).

Many, many thanks!

One other thing I guess I should add is that I'm hypothyroid. I take synthroid, and my doc is happy with my levels, so I don't think that is the issue (and even with perfect numbers, no weight loss).