Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Unhappy saddles, what else!! Brooks b68 Imperial

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi-
    Tries the Selle Anatomica, and really thought it worked.
    No matter how far back I put it, the rivets hurt. So....
    I am going to try the B68 Imperial now since the b68
    really hurt in the front genital area. The b17 Imperial
    actually pinched that area!! Anyone with the b68 Imperial
    have the pinching problem?
    M

Can you find that saddle? Brooks doesn't make the B68's anymore. Take a serious look at Rivet - either the Pearl or the Independence, although they aren't as wide, if you need width than look at the Brooks flyer imperial.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Do you think the extra 2 mm in width makes a difference?

Never mind; I thought there was a difference between the two in terms of width.
    I am now looking in to sending the B67 to Selle Anatomica for a cut-out. Have you
    heard if this helps with nose issues?

One more thing, Read Deb's saddle position remarks on the Rivet site, and perhaps have someone watch you ride. Are you sitting on your sit bones. Some of it sounds like positioning on the bike, are you rolling your pelvis forward as you ride and thus putting undo pressure on the soft bits. Maybe going to a fitter is a good idea - of course a fitter who fits your riding style (ie. if you not into racing I say don't go to a fitter who specializes in racing because you may end up with our handlebars to low and that will exacerbate the issue)
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Muirenn, I am indeed playing musical saddles because I can't find one that works for genital area,
    sit bones and doesn't chafe. After realizing the b68 is impossible in the nose area, I went back to the
    saddle that I rode for two years w/o problem until it "turned on me" and chafing began anew. The Lithia
    by specialized. Strangely, I never noticed it was a 143mm!!! Weird. After 15 miles on it this am, the sit bones
    were actually pretty happy. Genitals and chafing, not happy at all.
    Maybe I didn't give the SMP saddles enough of a chance? I may go back to that bike store and try them again.
    You like the Avant? Thanks for your help; I am really going nuts.

I have read and re-read the Steve Hogg info on the SMP, and it is very helpful. What I can't seem to figure out is whether
    the SMP saddles will have that "wing effect" and cause me to get the inner thigh boils that I can't get rid of; both sides,
    three different and new shorts. Feel like I am starting all over again to find a non-chafing saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubylvr View Post
    Never mind; I thought there was a difference between the two in terms of width.
    I am now looking in to sending the B67 to Selle Anatomica for a cut-out. Have you
    heard if this helps with nose issues?
    I realize that you're no longer thinking this, but for the sake of keeping the thread complete, it should be noted that Selle Anatomica will *not* add a cut out to the B68/B67 any longer. They did (and I have 4 B-68's with a cut out and, yes, they work fine for me in the drops), but no longer. The saddle isn't as long as the B17/Anatomica and thus is a manual operation. The plant that does their work is no longer willing to do this manual work.

Once slotted, the saddles don't last as long (maybe about 6K miles). One of these days I'm not going to be able to get B68's and I'm going to be in your shoes...I'm mean shorts...looking for that perfect saddle, again. So I read with interest.
    2009 Waterford RS-14 S&S Couplers - Brooks B68-Anatomica - Traveller
    2008 Waterford RS-33 - Brooks B68-Anatomica - Go Fast
    2012 Waterford Commuter - Brooks B68-Anatomica - 3.5-Season/Commuter
    2011 Surly Troll - Brooks B68 Imperial - Snow Beast