Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thumbs up Cycling tour in Myanmar (Burma)

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello TE Ladies,

First time poster, long time lurker. I am coming to you because I hope to convince a couple of fellow cyclists join a tour. It is with Backroads to Myanmar(Burma), Nov 28- Dec 5. The tour needs 2 more people to sign up in order go!

Myanmar just opened it's doors to tourism in 1996 and is relatively undiscovered compared to other Asian countries. I feel this sense of urgency to visit Myanmar before it becomes too westernized! But don't think that means this tour will be rough. Backroads is a top-notch touring company, with great route support and we will be staying in premier hotels. This will (hopefully) be my 5th or 6th tour with Backroads.

I am seriously starting to lose sleep, worried that not enough people with join the tour. Please share with your significant other, friends, family, bike club, co-workers, etc.

Backroads Myanmar Nov 28- Dec 5

Article on why to go to Myanmar

Kelly

PS: I will be travelling alone, wonderful husband is staying at home to take care of the dogs.

Kelly, how exciting!! I did see that earlier, and might have considered it, but a group of my friends and I are going to Vietnam-Cambodia-Thailand with Spiceroads. I do hope you go, and report back. Yes, I agree, I do want to go there and for many of the same reasons as you, the article you included absolutely nails it. Backroads is a tad pricier than my personal wallet likes, but I shall be looking for your report!

Marcy

Quote Originally Posted by CommuterChick View Post
    Kelly, how exciting!! I did see that earlier, and might have considered it, but a group of my friends and I are going to Vietnam-Cambodia-Thailand with Spiceroads. I do hope you go, and report back. Yes, I agree, I do want to go there and for many of the same reasons as you, the article you included absolutely nails it. Backroads is a tad pricier than my personal wallet likes, but I shall be looking for your report!

Marcy
    Marcy, you have an incredible bike trip planned! Funny you mention Spiceroads. I was looking at them too when researching my travels in Myanmar. They look fantastic, but I ended up with Backroads since I'm so familiar with them. I hope you post a travel report after your adventure! I hope to hit Vietnam-Cambodia-Thailand too.

Wow, that sounds amazing! Can't do it myself (DH's birthday falls that week and plans are already made and paid for), but I surely hope you get enough interest for the tour to go on!

And by the way, we have a Boston Terrier, Paisley, so I was thrilled to see your avatar. I know there are a couple of other Boston owners here as well.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Touring's definitely paused for us right now but that is on the "wish list".
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/