Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Everyone who loves this trail should know that a supreme court decision could put it at risk!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...spute/6252835/

Let's all hope they rethink this position.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Quote from the article: "Justice Stephen Breyer, who has had three bicycling accidents since 1993 — the last of which in April resulted in a shoulder replacement — envisioned a future in which landowners could be besieged by bikers.

"I certainly think bicycle paths are a good idea," he said, but "for all I know, there is some right-of-way that goes through people's houses, you know, and all of a sudden they are going to be living in their house, and suddenly a bicycle will run through it."
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

(more nutjob legal wrangling)
    Since we have three major trails that attract bike tourists from all, I think if they were truly endangered we'd hear about it. The tourist dollars from the Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes and the Hiawatha have had significant positive impact on some small communities around here, and if that were to be cut off, I think there'd be something happening.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Quote Originally Posted by smittykitty View Post
    Awaiting your Western WA blog report. Can't wait to see where you visited. You chose the best time to be here, weather wise.

Oh, having grown up in Honey Bucket country, I thought that's what everyone called them! Funny!
    Haha...no, not at all, being from North Carolina. They are managed by different companies all over the country. I'd never seen one with as cute a name as Honey Bucket!

I'm afraid you will be disappointed in our Western WA rides. Our first day, it rained, so we didn't ride at all, just took a walk (between showers) to buy groceries. We did ride into Seattle on our second full day, and up to Black Diamond on our third, but that was it. We had a VRBO booked in Walla Walla starting July 1 so just didn't have a lot of time in western WA. In fact, going there at all was almost an afterthought. When we left my DH's parents' home in Ohio for Walla Walla, we had no idea how long we might take meandering westward. Our goal was to travel no more than 5 hours in the car at a stretch, and to stop in numerous places along the way to ride. We did that. As we got farther west, we realized we'd have a few extra days, so why not go to Seattle? Obviously we could have used a couple of weeks or a month there.

Ah well, that will be another year. We hope to be traveling for a long time to come!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow