Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Looking for Beginner Mt Bikers in Metro-West Boston

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am looking for someone to ride with after work and on Saturdays. I am 50+ , just started to ride again. Assabet Wildlife Refuge and Great Brook Farm are my current skill level.

If you fit the profile or are comfortable with riding with a beginner please give a shout!
    "Share your knowledge-It's a way to achieve immortality"-Dalai Lama

Yeah, I never got past that stage, so regretfully, I sold my Norco to someone who will really ride it. Just too technically dependent for me, though I loved being in the woods. My last mountain bike ride was on dirt roads in Maine, and that I liked.
    Good luck. I knew I was dead, when I was what I thought getting pretty good, and a guy in jeans and a 20 year old bike embarrassed the sh!t out of me at Great Brook. I never went on a group mountain bike ride again.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

This may not be exactly what you are looking for, but I have done some riding with the Luna Chix group and they are extremely beginner friendly and will actually stop and teach you things. Worlds away from the NEMBA lesson I took (the guy was nice enough, but he was 6'+ and 200+ lbs so his suggestions for skill-based stuff were not necessarily relevant to smaller body types i.e. "you should never be in the smallest chainring at the Fells")
    (this is NOT a slight against NEMBA, just a plug for women-specific learning!)

On Monday nights, our team (Bikeway Source/Bell Lap Racing) runs a beginner MTB skills ride leaving from the Bikeway Source in Bedford. The focus of the ride is on building confidence and skills. The ride is led by lots of experienced MTBers, and if I am in town, I am usually one of them! And I will be there next week, I believe. We gather at the shop at 5:45 and depart at 6:00. Ride length is between 10 and 15 miles, and I think we are heading to Estabrook Woods in Concord next week.

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Ladies, Thank you for the responses. I will try reschedule my monday nite guitar lesson.

Stormy
    "Share your knowledge-It's a way to achieve immortality"-Dalai Lama