Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Skills Practice

Skills Practice

To disable ads, please log-in.

Today we went to a section of Post Canyon called Family Man which is filled with man made obstacles, some of which are absolutely terrifying. We rode through it yesterday and I didn't really try very much then. But today I wanted to conquer the skinny logs. I figured five clean passes would mean it was conquered.

I wish there had been a longer one of these that was this low. Going off the low ones was no big deal, but the taller ones... just freak me out.

Then I decided I wanted to learn how to go off a ramp.

This was an early attempt. About twenty passes and a hundred deleted pictures later, I had progressed to this.

I learned a lot from looking through all the photos and have some ideas how to do it better. Tomorrow I'll try the higher ramp and I want to get better at the berms. No photos of those, maybe tomorrow if I can move a little faster than a slug through them.

It was a lot of fun and I rode 7 miles, just going back and forth working on doing these better.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

How'd it go today on the berms?
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Today... I sucked! I couldn't stay on any of the skinnies through to the end. I rode the berms a couple of times, but just wasn't feeling it. I didn't even try a ramp. I guess my head just wasn't right. We looked at the map and rode Eight Track instead. But we missed a turn and ended up on a logging road that went down to a stream. It was good and easy. It gets so busy up there around noon. It's so cool to see so many little kids on bikes. I watched a couple of guys go off the ramp that's missing a section. God, they are crazy!

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com