Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Finally...

Finally...

To disable ads, please log-in.

I got to meet Wahine. We arrived in Hood River on Wed. to do a mountain bike tour starting on Monday. I went to Wahine's Strong Chicks class which was a lot of fun. I'm felling my abs a bit today.

Here we are doing handstands.

The mountain biking here is so different from at home and tons of fun and it was nice to have our own local personal guide. I was pleased that I wasn't too freaked out by single track with death to one side or the other. And some of the descents were as steep as some at home, but with only a quarter of the space to work with! Very different riding.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

OMG I would crush myself!! Not to mention break both my wrists..... How the hell did you assume the position??
    ~Petra~
    Bianchiste TE Girls

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo

you riding Post Canyon? There are tons of fun trails.
    I do not know how much time you have in the PNW, but here is a fun even that showcases some of the best we have to offer up here:
    starting next Thursday
    http://www.evergreeneast.org/kettle-fest-2014/
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Yes!! It's been very fun meeting V in person.

Irulan, Tom took V and hubby into post today. They didn't hit more than 25% of what's up there but they had fun. Tom says they came across some groms riding down trail faster than they could control and not observing right of way rules. Unfortunately, this is happening more and more in Post. I hope it didn't put too much of a negative vibe on the ride. That and, my Tom totally screwed up setting his alarm and was late to the meet up.

Class was really fun and I'm so glad that Veronica came! I couldn't convince her to come belly dancing with me though.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Ha, Veronica comes to Boston and we go out to eat.
    I guess we'd better find some road bikes for next time, because I will not be doing a handstand!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Oh, there's been eating! The VERY first thing we did was go out to dinner on Wed. And I can officially say that fish tacos are not a good idea even several hours before Wahine's class. Today for lunch we did have really nice blueberry and raspberry tarts for dessert. It's funny Thom and I were talking about the dinner in Boston today at lunch. It was the first time I had ever had Sangria - I'm not really a drinker. It became my "go out" drink of the summer. Today I had a Stubborn Mule - great name, tasty drink.

Next Thursday we'll be riding the Siouxon Trail as part of the tour we're up here for. This such a neat area. The hotel we're in is lovely and it's fun to just watch everyone out on the water from our balcony. I think we're going to need to come back.

I'm actually glad Tom was a little late because the day had warmed up a couple of degrees and the riding temperature was perfect. It was just a little chilly when we arrived - I was considering knee warmers. But it was just right when we set off and never got too warm. I'd have been cursing the knee warmers about ten minutes in, but I REALLY hate to be cold.

And the handstands - start with your feet against the wall and walk backwards on your hands. It's easier than it looks - unless you're doing it with an owied hand.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com