Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Another Newbie

Wink Another Newbie

To disable ads, please log-in.

Want to jump in a say hi to everyone. I am fairly new to cycling. I am 43 and last year I spent the whole year riding a mountain bike on the road just putting in the miles and making sure I would stick with it. Well I enjoyed it so much that I broke down and bought my first road bike. 2014 Specialized Dolce Compact. There is just something fantastic about getting on my bike and riding. Looking forward to getting faster and stronger with each turn of the pedal.

hi and welcome to the journey. Ride safe and smooth. It's whole different set of skills than mountain biking but I'm sure you will enjoy it.
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Welcome! I love both mountain and road riding. Congrats on the new bike.
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

Congrats on the new bike. You will feel like are flying on it in comparison to the mountain bike. But it's soooo addictive! Let us know how you like the switch. The Specialized are nice rides for sure :-)
    ~Petra~
    Bianchiste TE Girls

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo

Quote Originally Posted by SGGIRLKY View Post
    Want to jump in a say hi to everyone. I am fairly new to cycling. I am 43 and last year I spent the whole year riding a mountain bike on the road just putting in the miles and making sure I would stick with it. Well I enjoyed it so much that I broke down and bought my first road bike. 2014 Specialized Dolce Compact. There is just something fantastic about getting on my bike and riding. Looking forward to getting faster and stronger with each turn of the pedal.
    Congrats on your new bike!

I still remember how much faster I got when I went from my heavy Hybrid bike to my road bike. Plus, now you can also ride your mountain bike on the mountain! Welcome to TE!
    2014 Liv Lust
    2013 Specialized Fate Expert with carbon wheelset (sold)
    2012 Specialized Amira Elite
    2010 Santa Cruz Juliana with R kit and Crampon pedals (sold)

2011 Specialized Ariel Sport,suspension post,Serfas Rx Women's Microfiber saddle (sold)

Thanks for the warm welcome.. Looking forward to reading more post and learning from everyone here.

Hi there! Doesn't your roadie feel fast in comparison?

Welcome to TE! By the way, which part of Kentucky are you in?
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

faster, smoother, lighter... I use to throw my heavy mountain bike up on the rack with a fair amount of effort.. now when I lift my roadbike up I have to be careful not to overthrow the rack lol

Northern Kentucky is the easiest answer. My Avatar pic was taken from the Ohio side looking across to Kentucky. I like to go ride in Ohio as much as I like riding in KY. Lunkin Airport in ohio has a great biking loop.

Quote Originally Posted by SGGIRLKY View Post
    faster, smoother, lighter... I use to throw my heavy mountain bike up on the rack with a fair amount of effort.. now when I lift my roadbike up I have to be careful not to overthrow the rack lol

Northern Kentucky is the easiest answer. My Avatar pic was taken from the Ohio side looking across to Kentucky. I like to go ride in Ohio as much as I like riding in KY. Lunkin Airport in ohio has a great biking loop.
    I'm a Cincinnatian transplanted to the Land of Sun and Cacti. I thought your avatar looked familiar! Ohio has some wonderful bike trails, but I never made it as far as Lunken. (I spent most of my time between Xenia and maybe as far south as the Little Miami golf center, since I'm from the northern 'burbs.)
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

You went from heat and humidity to just heat..lol Do you like AZ better?