Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Project One Creativity

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm really leaning towards the new Trek Silque SSL as my next bike. The biggest problem; the local dealers don't have one in stock. But, if ordering one why not jump into a Project One bike and pick some cool colors? What's your favorite combo? http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/proje...odel/silquessl

... so many choices!

I own a project one Madone in Deep metallic Red with orange and white flames on the front and rear forks and black accents along with flames on the frame. It's my baby. If your gonna go, go wild I always say.
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

I wish SO MUCH that I had the money for one of these. Maybe when I have a "real job". Pretty sure the fiance would kill me. I would totally get a lime green bike with pink flames and metallic letters. I like the "if you're gonna go, go wild" approach.
    ***proud Hoosier, statistics nerd, and mom to a headstrong toddler***
    ****one car family and loving it!****

Owned by:
    Le Monstre Vert - 2013 Surly Cross-check
    Chessie, Scottish Terrier
    Bonzai, Catahoula Leopard Dog

what I didn't say is that it took me 4 years of saving small change, scrapping together grocery coupons and various small jobs, house sit, water the plants, pet sit in the neighborhood to get nearly all of it and then my kids and dear SAG guy chipped in the last 500 dollars to make it possible. Didn't quite make my 65th birthday but made it my 65 th year.
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Oh, definitely. It's a thing worth saving for. I know most people "save" for cars or houses. While we will eventually save for a house, neither of us is looking to upgrade the car at this time (we both have very nice, new vehicles that will both be paid off in a few months!), so bike are where our "fun" cash goes. I can dream, at least. Dan thinks the first gift I will get after getting a real job is another bike. That will be my one "big" purchase. And he's probably right. In the meantime, all we can do is save I think that makes it even sweeter.

Owned by:

OMG Karenanywild! Did you have to show me that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly5 View Post
    So true. Almost regret now purchasing the Amira after seeing this. Love my bike but still hate the colour. Enough to have it painted probably next year in a bright colour. Stripes (stickers) just won't do. I just cannot like black, especially mattes. I need bright colorful paints.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly5 View Post
    - I know! I felt the same way. I've loved my current bike for a long time. Didn't know enough to appreciate something better. 3800 miles later, I get it. And I'm going to get use out of my wheels and seat from my old bike ... so a bit of recycling (ha! pun!) too.

The Trek dealer has talked me into my wild color choice; 'do we really need another black bike out there?' and a great sales line perhaps of a bright bike is also good for safety. Sold! Looks like I'm going to go with radioactive pink and lotus purple.

@marni & colorisnt - true it is about priorities. In our house toys and fun are priorities. Life is too short.
    Last edited by Karenanywild; 06-26-2014 at 09:58 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by marni View Post
    I own a project one Madone in Deep metallic Red with orange and white flames on the front and rear forks and black accents along with flames on the frame. It's my baby. If your gonna go, go wild I always say.
    Nice! I'm convinced; going bright and wild! Thanks for the encouragement!

Quote Originally Posted by Karenanywild View Post
    - I know! I felt the same way. I've loved my current bike for a long time. Didn't know enough to appreciate something better. 3800 miles later, I get it. And I'm going to get use out of my wheels and seat from my old bike ... so a bit of recycling (ha! pun!) too.

The Trek dealer has talked me into my wild color choice; 'do we really need another black bike out there?' and a great sales line perhaps of a bright bike is also good for safety. Sold! Looks like I'm going to go with radioactive pink and lotus purple.

@marni & colorisnt - true it is about priorities. In our house toys and fun are priorities. Life is too short.
    Sounds beautiful! LOVED the Radioactive Pink in the store on the Project One wall. So fun! And life *is* too short!

Owned by:

I have a six-series Domane Project One. It's crystal white, liquid green, lime, and crystal lymon. Irronically, the new Silque SSL looks a LOT like my bike...I think Trek should pay me royalties for the color scheme.

While I'm always telling customers that color is the least important thing (as in, don't reject a bike that is otherwise perfect for you because of the color), it is really special when your bike is exactly what you want. Although, be warned: I put together P1 paint jobs for about 8 years before I finally bought the bike, and I still wish I had reversed two of the colors. Nothing is perfect, I guess.
    A goal is a dream with a deadline

I’m simple when it comes to bike colors (titanium) but there are some nice color combinations there. Enjoy bright and wild AND a new bike Karen!!!!!

$1049.99 for the U5 Vapor Coat which essentially is just about no paint and no decals, “will give you the lightess possible frame ever” kinda makes me wonder how sane that is though…….

Quote Originally Posted by colorisnt View Post
    Dan thinks the first gift I will get after getting a real job is another bike. .
    I bought my Seven after grad school and getting the job I have now as my reward for all those years of college…..and haven’t regretted it for a second.
    Last edited by rebeccaC; 06-27-2014 at 06:47 PM.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Quote Originally Posted by BikeLady View Post
    I have a six-series Domane Project One. It's crystal white, liquid green, lime, and crystal lymon. Irronically, the new Silque SSL looks a LOT like my bike...I think Trek should pay me royalties for the color scheme.

While I'm always telling customers that color is the least important thing (as in, don't reject a bike that is otherwise perfect for you because of the color), it is really special when your bike is exactly what you want. Although, be warned: I put together P1 paint jobs for about 8 years before I finally bought the bike, and I still wish I had reversed two of the colors. Nothing is perfect, I guess.
    Yes, I struggled with the stock color vs. project one. I really like the stock color. If they had one in the showroom I would have bought it. And your point is what I was nervous about. I realize that corporations spend lots of time and money putting together color combos. Thinking I can do the same, effectively on a whim is a risk. But, the Trek dealer is being very helpful and guiding me away from poor color combos.

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccaC View Post
    I’m simple when it comes to bike colors (titanium) but there are some nice color combinations there. Enjoy bright and wild AND a new bike Karen!!!!!

$1049.99 for the U5 Vapor Coat which essentially is just about no paint and no decals, “will give you the lightess possible frame ever” kinda makes me wonder how sane that is though…….

I bought my Seven after grad school and getting the job I have now as my reward for all those years of college…..and haven’t regretted it for a second.
    My hubby has a Seven and LOVES it. He tried to talk me into one but at the time I was happy with my bike. Told him to spend the dough on his. But the Domane experience was so good (rode one for 6 days with Trek Travel) that now I see the difference. My turn.