Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Jolt, I find that keeping up a certain effort is more important than speed. Pushing harder on the pedals engages me more with the bike. I can coast no hands too, but spin-pedalling is the hardest as there's a lot of movement but little "push".
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

I never even attempted to ride handless, but there is this woman who I saw all of the time in my favorite park. I NEVER saw her ride with even ONE hand on the bike! Regardless of where she was, conditions, she was always sitting straight up, phone in one ear and the other hand on her hip. Great skill, yes, but I was always afraid for her.

I've never been able to, though I often have wished I could. I've come closest since switching to deeply curved SMP saddles, but still feel like I'm going to pitch forward over the handlebars. Perhaps men's pelvises are shaped differently enough to make it easier for them?
    Queen of the sea beasts

Quote Originally Posted by nuliajuk View Post
    I've never been able to, though I often have wished I could. I've come closest since switching to deeply curved SMP saddles, but still feel like I'm going to pitch forward over the handlebars. Perhaps men's pelvises are shaped differently enough to make it easier for them?
    THIS! Also, I have a pretty severe case of spinal lordosis, so even standing my entire pelvis is sorta pitched forward (it's a BIG reason I love my SMPs -- everything else was like a torture rack to some degree. I no longer draw blood on rides).
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Likewise. I feel I'm at my most stable when riding no hands that way.

Let's see... I am vertically challenged.... Have zero core strength.... Lack coordination..... Nope. Safe to say I am not one who can ride hands free. If I did? Well, let's just say there is not enough band aids in SC that could patch me up LOL
    ~Petra~
    Bianchiste TE Girls

flectere si nequeo superos, Achaeronta movebo