Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have seen obnoxious gangs of red hat ladies, but not so much around here. To me it seems like another in-your-face display of over disclosure.

I never made the connection until yesterday, but I do have a red bike helmet.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

AHHHH Ha, Ha, Coffee out the nose on this one. I may have to get a red bike helmet too - snort

Quote Originally Posted by malkin View Post
    I have seen obnoxious gangs of red hat ladies, but not so much around here. To me it seems like another in-your-face display of over disclosure.

I never made the connection until yesterday, but I do have a red bike helmet.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Sky King, hope you're healing up well. I did feel a bit less stupid reading your post, though, as I just had a crosswalk button pushing crash of my own in Coeur d'Alene, ID. And no beers were even involved. I fell hard on my left side while trying to maneuver my front wheel back around to go across the sidewalk. The curb was slanted, and down I went. Of course there were several cars within laughing distance. D'oh...so embarrassing!

I hit my left ribcage hard and could barely breathe for a few minutes. Also scraped my right calf nastily on the chainring and was bleeding/hurting from that. The palm of my left hand (in gloves) stung like crazy for awhile, but that stopped very quickly.

The ribcage pain continued for ~ 2 weeks. Hurt when I sneezed, coughed, breathed in deeply, and especially lying down in bed. I would wake up early in the morning in pain that radiated all over my ribcage and back. Since we're traveling, a visit to the doctor would involve finding a facility and going to someone unknown...and probably paying way too much for x-rays that would only reveal that nothing was broken, just a strain or something. So I just hung in there. Interestingly, it really didn't bother me when I rode, so I continued riding after only two days off the bike.

Fortunately, it went from moderately painful to basically fine all of a sudden, yesterday. Yippee! I definitely learned a lesson about crosswalks and button pushing, though. If I do it from now on, I will unclip with BOTH feet. I fell because I unclipped only on the right, while the left remained clipped in, so I lost my balance when I leaned too far to the left. I've been riding clipless pedals for decades, so I certainly didn't expect a fall like this!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Ouch, and tough when you are traveling. I think I have to get off my bike completely to push any buttons from now on Still fighting the knuckle, suppose I should break down and get an xray...
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
    Ouch, and tough when you are traveling. I think I have to get off my bike completely to push any buttons from now on Still fighting the knuckle, suppose I should break down and get an xray...
    Sorry you're still hurting! I'm basically about 95% healed up; just an occasional twinge if I stretch funny around the left side of my ribcage. I am glad I didn't spend the money to go to a doc, since I have a high deductible. Back when I was working and had health care that covered most everything without a deductible, I would have totally been in the doc's office the next day. Fortunately it looks like not going worked out fine in this case, just took time to heal up.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Yeah, I figure if the intersection is busy enough to need to push a button for the light, it's too busy to be close enough to the curb to reach it ...

Hope you both heal up fast!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

well my injury is a month old, still swollen so I broke down and went to the ortho. Good news - it's healing, Bad news - I did break the end of the bone off... More Good news - The woman who made my hand splint is a cyclist so she designed it to immobilize the bone but I can still ride and brake. Will have it checked in two weeks.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

So sorry Sky King, but it sounds like you found the right help!