Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Castelli Body Paint 2.0 Shorts -- ZERO sausage leg!!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I just picked up a pair of these bib shorts, since I've recently become a fan of bibs, in spit of them being a PITA at times. I have such a freakish hourglass figure that I struggle to find shorts that fit through my butt and thighs without sliding off of my waist and hips. Bibs solve that issue. I have a pair of Champion System bibs that I mostly like (aside from a really stupid seam that goes around the center of my thigh and has no give -- unflattering as heck), especially the razor-edge legs. Finding other bibs with that leg led me to pretty much one option, the Castelli Body Paint 2.0.

I just got them and haven't ridden in them yet, but I tried them on and think they will be major winners. They are the comfiest shorts I've ever had on and the nearly seamless construction is very forgiving. The chamois is also really nice. Not too bulky, but reasonably dense. They run a size smaller than US clothes (ie I wear an 8 in most jeans/pants, but a L in most cycling shorts), but if I dropped even 5#s I think I could get away with a M. I'm keeping my eyes open for sales to pick up a smaller pair to have as incentive to lose some.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

They are really nice and comfortable, at least, the shorts version is. (I don't completely love the chamois, but it's better than the other pair of Castelli shorts I own(ed), and it's better on the road bike it is on the CX bike.) If I remember correctly, they do pretty well in the heat too.
    Funny thing is, I ended up with them by accident--I'd ordered a different Castelli short and a jersey, and a CS rep called me back and said "The jersey's out of stock and we've just discovered a manufacturing error with the shorts. Would the Body Paint shorts be OK?"

I think I still get a touch of sausage leg with them, but that might be because I haven't actually been riding much this year...
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    I think I still get a touch of sausage leg with them, but that might be because I haven't actually been riding much this year...
    I'm sure I would if I went down a size. The ones I'm in fit nicely, but not super compressive. If I dropped 5-10#s I'd likely want to go down to a M. I could probably get away with a M right now...but the price would be mild sausage legs.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    I'm sure I would if I went down a size. The ones I'm in fit nicely, but not super compressive. If I dropped 5-10#s I'd likely want to go down to a M. I could probably get away with a M right now...but the price would be mild sausage legs.
    I think mine are smalls. (Small in everything except the Sugoi RSes, and that was borderline.) I think they fit snug in the legs, because everywhere else is snug, but not quite as snug as the legs... Right now I could probably wear a medium, although I think I'll keep my current pair as an incentive...
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...