Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Scattante W350 Women’s Road Bike – is it a good bike?

Hi,

New member - biking for 3 years. I had a Giant Escape hybrid and am making the switch to a road bike finally.

I am looking for something under $800-$1000. I have my eye on a Scattante W350 Women’s Road Bike for $599.

I test rode the Trek Lexa SL C but had issues with braking.

Any opinions?

thanks in advance!

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    I would second the suggestion to look at Jamis...they seem to be a very good bang for your buck. I have never owned one, but if I had not lucked out on Craigslist like I did in terms of finding a great deal on a Surly in my size, I would probably have ended up getting a Quest/Satellite. Don't forget the possibility of finding a good used bike that will work for you...some shops sell used bikes, some individuals have a hobby/business of refurbishing and selling bikes (these will often be vintage which may or may not be your style), and Craigslist is a good resource as well. Just make sure you know what you are looking for in terms of fit and type of bike before you go this route.
    Last edited by Jolt; 06-09-2014 at 04:38 AM.
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830