I was not too sure if this would be in the right section but it could be.

Montreal area has had a few cyclist deaths in the past few weeks. One was a woman hit by a truck who entered a short not-so-well lit narrow tunnel. She was 30 something. This was the death that created a huge re-org in the cyclists/motorists saga. They are limited trucks in certain areas of town, they are revisiting the sharing of the roads, creating one-ways, better road paths, etc. Not all will be done at once but it is a start. Why does it take so many innocent dead people for a city to move????? I don't cycle in Montreal (I live in the suburbs) as I'd panic way too quickly with all that chaotic traffic and wreckless drivers. Montreal has the reputation of one of the worst car drivers in the world. I believe it! A lot of me, myself and I. I could write a book I think on what we see/hear from motorist. And that is on every ride. Not only in Montreal downtown...all over the province. At least we have lots of good people too who respect others but their own car.

So lots of ink is being used on discussion boards. This article is a view from a truck driver who almost killed a cyclist. Worth the read.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/opini...787/story.html