So, I've talked on here about the difficulties I face with food on the bike due to nut allergies. I've learned to LOVE sunbutter in the past couple of months and am a huge fan but my body hates bread on the bike. I'm going to start making some rice cakes (some savory and some sweet) that friends have offered up recipes for here in town but I was also thinking about bacon.

So, I don't eat pork, which means my type of bacon is turkey bacon but man do I love it. The BF thinks it's an abomination but I do love it. I recently took some to eat on our long ride, kept it in a cool place, etc. because I wanted to make sure I didn't get sick. I also know of some rice cake recipes that call for it. I think it's a great way to get some sodium and protein on the bike (two things I struggle with) minus the bread that seems to be hard on my stomach. Still, would this be "safe" on a ride more then 4 hours long? The bacon is cured and smoked as well as salted, obviously. So, people tell me it should be safe but I'm still not sure.

Anyone take bacon on the bike?