Boise has a great group called the Treasure Valley Cycling Alliance, they put extreme effort into "Boise Bike Week" As my focus for 2014 has been to "let go" and be grateful for other bike advocates I am fully embracing their efforts AND best of all, giving myself permission to not have to attend EVERYTHING

However... This year they created a Beer Trail and several local brew pubs are participating with $1 off pints all week!! (oh the devil on my shoulder is gleeful) You can have your "map" initialed at all the different brew pubs and be entered in a raffle for cool prizes.
Last night the foothills Mt Bike Rides and the Twilight Cruiser ride began and ended at a brew pub two miles from our house. Great Live Music. We couldn't get away in time for the rides but we made it for music, beer and crowd surfing. I put 4 growler panniers on Bernard and the Bike Hermit put 2 on one of the Surly Crosschecks and we noodled over. Donated a growler pannier that will be raffled off next Monday at yet another brew house.

Tonight our Wandering Wheels group meets at, you guessed it, a different brew pub - 2 miles in the other direction and they too, are offering $1 off pints (oh the devil is now jumping up and down)

Lots of fun things going on in Boise this month. In addition to the beer trail they county highway district created 3 new protected bike lanes downtown. Petitions circling to make them
permanent. Free t-shirts for all who ride the say "one more bike" we like them much better than the previous ones that said "one less car".