Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

What's your favorite app for logging workouts?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've been logging all my workouts for YEARS over at runningahead.com (even though I haven't ran in years!). But, I don't have a functioning computer at home, and the mobile site is a pain to use. I'm looking for an app-based alternative.

I do use Strava for my road rides, but not my commute. I know you can manually enter activities and mark them as private, but basic Strava doesn't display weekly and monthly activity the way I would like. I'm looking for an app that is calendar-based, since my motivator is seeing how many days of the week I've been active. I also want one that allows simple reports to be run, similar to runningahead, such as weekly miles biked over the past 3 years (for example). AND ideally one that allows import of other training logs (might be asking too much here). I primarily log cycling since I keep a handwritten weightlifting journal, but it might be nice to be able to just note the days I lifted or took a long walk or whatever to help me see how many days per week I was active.

What do you all use to log workouts?

Why don't you log your commutes? If it's because you go slower, give yourself permission to do so!
    I stopped using any site/app long ago, when I started getting upset with myself about my speed, even though I kept it private. What I do now is:1) everything I do on my 2 bikes is in my Garmin. I do not upload it anywhere. Obviously, the bike I use to commute has a slower average, but I also ride this bike on road rides, too.
    2) I also keep a training journal that's put out by Bicyling Magazine. I log mileage, average, and route and how I felt. I also log my weight in there daily, and in the spot for cross training, I'll note any boot camp, walking, hikes.
    I am glad I had this, because DH recently "accidentally" lost all of my data on my Garmin. I was able to go to my paper log and tell him exactly how many miles I had on each bike, so he could put them in.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Oh, I just don't bother to start Strava before I leave in the morning (my phone is generally at the bottom of my pannier well before I leave anyway), plus I don't want to clog up my friends feeds with it. I do currently manually enter it into my running ahead log, and may start doing that in Strava (probably just marking it as private) if I don't discover a better workout log app to use.

Honestly I only have like 5 friends on Strava so I don't know why I worry about clogging up their feeds, lol.

I'm a big fan of SportTracks desktop software. Their mobile app actually isn't out yet, but should be released within a few weeks.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I use Garminconnect but also bike journal. Bike journal is free and has monthly summaries. Also if you pay a nominal fee you can track components (chains, tires, etc).
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

I use cyclemeter to log my workouts. It's not free but it works well. I currently use my phone as a bike computer and it works well. I think I get less focused on my mileage and speed and focus on cadence more this way (because it helps both of the former).
    ***proud Hoosier, statistics nerd, and mom to a headstrong toddler***
    ****one car family and loving it!****

Owned by:
    Le Monstre Vert - 2013 Surly Cross-check
    Chessie, Scottish Terrier
    Bonzai, Catahoula Leopard Dog

I use bikerides.com. It doesn't offer most of the functionality you are looking for, but it's fun if you mainly just want to keep track of mileage and record whatever else about your rides you want, so you can go back and recall them later. It's also motivating as you can see where you stand vis-a-vis the other members. I'm proud that I'm #9 out of 134 riders in mileage so far this year, and my DH is #2! It's been helpful in getting me out there for a ride when I really don't wanna!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Ha, Emily, the reason you like that app is the reason I quit Bike Journal. It was de-motivating to me to see where I was compared to others; at that point I think there was a TE group on BJ and I was riding about half as much as the others, despite riding between 2,500 and 3,000 miles that year.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I use ridewithgps. Their mobile app came out recently. My partner uses Map My Ride.
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Ha, Emily, the reason you like that app is the reason I quit Bike Journal. It was de-motivating to me to see where I was compared to others; at that point I think there was a TE group on BJ and I was riding about half as much as the others, despite riding between 2,500 and 3,000 miles that year.
    I understand! Most years my ranking has been quite low when I've bothered to track on bikerides.com. I was working so didn't get to ride nearly as often -- or just wasn't as into it. But this year, since I knew we'd be traveling in the south all winter (and I'm retired), I figured I'd play along since I could get miles in when most people couldn't. Heheh. Since this is a big biking year for both DH and me (tho much bigger for him -- he just hit 4000 miles in 2014 yesterday!), we are enjoying being up high in the ranks.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

So it sounds like what I want doesn't really exist. Maybe I should go into app development!

I think I'll just deal with Strava only for now. It'll make my life a little simpler to not have to double-log my Strava recorded rides, at least.

I log my workouts in a daily planner. You know, on paper. With a pen. By candlelight.

@fallstoclimb - have you tried Endomondo? It's really easy to track different kinds of activities and it's calendar based. I haven't looked into the rest, but I think you might like it.

Quote Originally Posted by brigada View Post
    @fallstoclimb - have you tried Endomondo? It's really easy to track different kinds of activities and it's calendar based. I haven't looked into the rest, but I think you might like it.
    Ooh I just checked it out and I do like it. Thanks!