Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

OK, so where were we. Oh yes, I remember, me and my goop. The antibiotics started to kick it quickly and my stomach at the same time. OY. I called and got them to switch me from Augmentin to Zithromax. It seems a little better. I made 2 hours of the mt bike on Sunday. Hung with the group to the very end and then sent the boys out for a race pace lap and I did a slower cool down. GI issues from the meds were my biggest problem. Other than that I just felt like my snappiness was missing. I am sure it will come back.

Yesterday I hit the pool and did about short workout, just 1800 or so. Nice and easy, not super hard sets. Today we have a run scheduled. Hill repeats. Fun Times!

Quote Originally Posted by HillSlugger View Post
    Welcome to Triathlon!

Did you manage the 1000m?

Nicole
    Yes I did

Good Morning Ladies,
    We had a good weekend of training. Friday afternoon we were in the pool. I did two timed 500's and my time is dropping significantly. So that is good news. I cruised the first one, looked at my time and said. Huh. Wonder what would happen if I made myself uncomfortable. 15 secs faster. That is what happened!

Saturday we did a run on the local rail trail. Nice and steady. I felt strong, which is all I want two weeks out from race number one.

Yesterday we did our group mt bike ride. We drove an hour north to a park that has been inaccessible due to the weather since before Christmas. It is much hillier than the parks trails we have been riding all winter, so it was a small chainring, grunt and groan kinda day. We got in about 2.5 hours of hard riding. That will be the last really long mt bike we will do before the race on the 27th. My legs feel ok today but I know I accumulated a lot of fatigue yesterday. It will be hard to hold back a bit but I have learned that lesson the hard way!

I had my first bike-to-run transition training today. It took forever to change from my cycling shoes to my running shoes :-/ But it was a fun nice try. My neighbour thought I was crazy for first taking off on the bike only to come back home to start a run. Both legs were kept short: 30 minutes cycling and five minutes running. I'll try this every Sunday to get better at it. Today's transition time: a humiliating 1:35 min... :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Eihposi View Post
    My neighbour thought I was crazy for first taking off on the bike only to come back home to start a run.
    Hah, wait 'til you tell him how you run out of a lake soaking wet and jump on your bike for a ride. That was the transition my mind had the greatest trouble with...

(hei, velkommen forresten :-)
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett