Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yesterdays ride was so intense that I just shudder at the thought of getting back on my bike right now! We did sprint repeats with a 25mph headwind along a runway. It was NUTS. Wish I had a power meter for that ride.

Today I will ride to the bank and I think that's about all I have in my system!
    Blogging about all things bike, run, travel related at:
    Be The Badger

2014 Lynskey ProCross (The Raven)
    2013 Cannondale Slice 5 (Father Christmas)

ask for my discount/referral codes!
    2014 MioGlobal Brand Champion
    2014 De Soto Femmebassador

So I failed miserably to ride yesterday. It rained all day, and the temperature barely climbed above 3C. It just wasn't worth it.

It's not much warmer today, but it is not (yet) raining and I am all dressed and ready to ride. I won't go far, but I will go somewhere. Tomorrow is supposed to be better.

I got out today and did almost 20 miles (which was the goal for the BF and I today, so YAY!) . We are still taking it easy as he is just getting back into shape for the season. I didn't get out yesterday, either. The weather was gross and we both got sick to our stomach after eating out. So, there's a $1.00 charity will be getting! That's okay, though. Sometimes you gotta take care.
    ***proud Hoosier, statistics nerd, and mom to a headstrong toddler***
    ****one car family and loving it!****

Owned by:
    Le Monstre Vert - 2013 Surly Cross-check
    Chessie, Scottish Terrier
    Bonzai, Catahoula Leopard Dog

Day 10! Yay! I'm afraid it's going to be a cold (for Hawaii) and rainy ride today. It's a group workout too so I can't cut it short. :-)

Total miles ridden last week = 100.3! I'm quite happy with that. Buuuut….I also know that come May I will need to triple that if not more for the Ride the Rockies training. Yikes. I've been focusing on hills, hills, and more hills and now I need to start focusing on distance. It's 430+ miles over the course of 5 days so I need to get the miles in too.

Good luck everyone! Keep riding!
    Blogging about all things bike, run, travel related at:
    Be The Badger

2014 Lynskey ProCross (The Raven)
    2013 Cannondale Slice 5 (Father Christmas)

ask for my discount/referral codes!
    2014 MioGlobal Brand Champion
    2014 De Soto Femmebassador

Rode a test ride on a small surly cross check they had and going back to do another today. Haven't been getting a ton of miles in this week (yet) but will be getting about 32 in tomorrow, which is really all that matters. I may be down for the week, though, if Sunday refuses to co-operate.

Owned by:

I'm 11 out of 12 for days of riding for April so far, although one day (to the library and back) was something under a mile. And it's 260km for the month so far. I think this is moderately respectable.

I'm now 10/13 days. But that is going to get worse because it will 10/14 tomorrow since it's just too gross to ride today and will be storming all day (dang you, weather!). Only 1 of those days was out of laziness (I was too tired to ride). The rest were legitimate weather or election complaints. I am going to try to ride regardless of weather this week. I have to remind myself that it doesn't take long to commute, so the weather can't bother me THAT much.

I knew I wouldn't be able to do EVERY day realistically but I want to keep challenging myself to ride daily to make a habit of it.

Owned by:

Thirteen out of fourteen up to yesterday (I snuck out at 5pm when the rain finally stopped). But there's snow and ice on the ground today, so little chance of a ride today. Tomorrow I have to take the bike in to the shop, so I guess that will be my ride.

But I admit if it hadn't been for this "challenge" I probably would not have ridden yesterday, given all the other things I had to do during the day. It was just 11km, but a nice little bonus.

Temperature yesterday was almost 20C. Today it's down below freezing.

I am so done with winter.

Me, too. We had snow here yesterday - plenty of it, too. It didn't stick but it went on FOREVER. Now it's going to be back up to 60 tomorrow and it's 50 here today. My allergies are unsure of how to act, I think.

Owned by:

Change of plan. I did ride today, all the way to the post office and back. Bitingly cold, but the roads were wet rather than icy, and I'm glad I went.

Again, no way would I have done that without the "challenge."

Am at 14 out of 15, and that (surely) has to be the last snow of the year.

That's how I felt yesterday, Boudicca. I was like, "eff it, let's go!"

I got about 12.5 miles in today. So, yay. I'm at 12/15 now!

Owned by:

half way there...may the second half go even better than the first, especially for those with weather to deal with!!!! I'm to the point where the night before I now just automatically think about where I'm going to ride the next day
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccaC View Post
    half way there...may the second half go even better than the first, especially for those with weather to deal with!!!! I'm to the point where the night before I now just automatically think about where I'm going to ride the next day
    Me, too. I literally live to ride right now. It's the new bike partially. I'm like, "What can I throw at her?". I was even thinking of riding way South of here (through some BIG hills) with my commuter gear to see this place we might rent. The BF is not coming because he's working still (regular, adult schedule now) so I was like, why not? Then I remembered that they might show me two units and I'm not sure I will be able to ride between the units. I'd feel bad to bother the agent, so I will grudingly drive. Maybe we will both ride to the other house later when he gets off work? Either way, I commuted today, so that's riding!

Owned by:

Another baby ride today, taking the commuter bike into the shop for her annual checkup. Except that it's not annual, and I may need a new chain (which is not a surprise) and a new cassette (which is).

Oh, and maybe a new bottom bracket too.

Commuter bike was my first road bike, and I admit I'm starting to think I should trade her out for something a little more practical, especially if I get into rail-trail riding.

That's what did it for me, Boudicca. I wanted to be on the trail as much as the road and the roadie couldn't do it, so I was riding the MTB but the MTB wasn't really what I liked. So, I got a cross bike and I'm really happy as of now (less than a week but VERY happy haha). How long is your commute?

ETA: I ended up getting a call from the agent who said I was only looking at one place today not two (they rented the other quickly) and so I decided to brave the incredibly gusty wind for a very hilly 6.5 mile trek that way. Ended up taking the long way back here since it felt so nice with my computer and everything. Made it back - 20 miles for the day!
    Last edited by colorisnt; 04-16-2014 at 01:23 PM.

Owned by: