Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ladies...which paint job?

To disable ads, please log-in.

If it was only up to paint job would you go with the more conservative bike in the first link or the fun flashy one in the second? First is boring but practical for long term. The second is fun but I wonder if I'll get sick of it. Thanks in advance!!!

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes...wsd_h3_compact

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes..._3_wsd_compact

Second one definitely....but I'm also a big fan of Colnago paint jobs, so I'm probably not a great judge.
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

Quote Originally Posted by J9L View Post
    If it was only up to paint job would you go with the more conservative bike in the first link or the fun flashy one in the second? First is boring but practical for long term. The second is fun but I wonder if I'll get sick of it. Thanks in advance!!!

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes...wsd_h3_compact

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes..._3_wsd_compact
    I personally am a pink type of person. So I totally like the second one better. However, you are the one buying the bike, so what we think about color is not as important as what you think. However, based on what you wrote, you already sound like you like the second one better since you say the "first is boring".
    2014 Liv Lust
    2013 Specialized Fate Expert with carbon wheelset (sold)
    2012 Specialized Amira Elite
    2010 Santa Cruz Juliana with R kit and Crampon pedals (sold)

2011 Specialized Ariel Sport,suspension post,Serfas Rx Women's Microfiber saddle (sold)

Re: Ladies...which paint job?

Quote Originally Posted by TigerMom View Post
    I personally am a pink type of person. So I totally like the second one better. However, you are the one buying the bike, so what we think about color is not as important as what you think. However, based on what you wrote, you already sound like you like the second one better since you say the "first is boring".
    Yup...you're right...I guess I'm seeking validation...do you think the pink is done well...not tacky or anything? I really like it. Now it will cost $2,000 and has 105 groupset. For $300 more, I can get that first bike with Ultegra but I'm not sure if it's really that much of a difference performance wise which is why I'm looking at the colors now

The pink one is pretty - I'd buy the flashy version if it were red. Or turquoise.

Buy the one that makes you happy. Practicality is overrated.
    "Susie" - 2012 Specialized Ruby Apex, not pink/Selle SMP Lite 209

Told you before: Pink all the way!

Can you ask the local bike shop to change for ultegra? My LBS will do anything for me so I love my bike. Does not charge much either. Worth checking with them.

Did you test ride the pink one? With lots of shifting up and down?

If you rode the pink one and everything worked fine and you couldn't tell the difference between it and the other one, then get the pink one. It doesn't matter if someone else thinks it's tacky.

If the color is that important to you then get the pink one and forget about the components.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Quote Originally Posted by Helene2013 View Post
    Told you before: Pink all the way!

Can you ask the local bike shop to change for ultegra? My LBS will do anything for me so I love my bike. Does not charge much either. Worth checking with them.
    I agree with Helene 2013. You never know if you don't ask your LBS
    2014 Liv Lust

2011 Specialized Ariel Sport,suspension post,Serfas Rx Women's Microfiber saddle (sold)

Thanks. I'll check with 2 shops near me. They typically don't give great deals but their service is great. Maybe they'll do a few upgrades.

Another suggestion is that for the first "boring" bike, maybe there is handlebar tape in that shade of blue or tires in that shade of blue that you can put on the bike. My Specialized Amira Elite 2012 originally had white handlebar tape and black tires. Now, I like my bike much better with a matching blue handlebar tape and blue tires to my Amira frame's blue shade.
    2014 Liv Lust

Another suggestion is that for the first "boring" bike, maybe there is handlebar tape in that shade of blue or tires in that shade of blue that you can put on the bike. My Specialized Amira Elite 2012 originally had white handlebar tape and black tires. Now, I like my bike much better with a matching blue handlebar tape and blue tires to my Amira frame's blue shade.
    Agree.. the first one you can customize with different combinations in the future because its more neutral. The pink is pretty but you wont have too many options to chose from if you decide to give your bike a different look later.

Love Never Fails
    2012 Giant Revel 1 -MTB
    2013 Giant Defy 5 - RB(Commute/Easy Rides) "Trooper"
    2012 Diamondback Response XE MTB (my son's)

13' FUJI SUPREME 1.3C (Selle Italia Diva/Easton EC70 SL) "My Girl"

Thanks ladies!

The pink one is very pink in person...reminded me of a little girl's bike. I'm getting the other one!!

I'm so happy! I thought I should follow up and let you all know I got a Madone and I LOVE it....I'm beyond satisfied with my choice. I love the "boring" paint job and actually dont find it boring at all haha. This bike is fast, comfortable, perfect fit, responsive, and so precise. I had so much fun riding it for the first time today and can't wait to go back out. It is like night and day from my previous bike. Even better...it was the perfect day for biking.Attachment 294124
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1396836008895.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	17012  

Congrats!! I hope you enjoy many miles on it.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    Congrats!! I hope you enjoy many miles on it.
    Thank you!