Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hello from Maine

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie to the roadie scene. I have a hybrid that I've been riding for several years mostly on bike paths and areas with no cars because I was scared to death to ride anywhere near a moving vehicle. When the 3-5 mile rides got to be t0o easy I started thinking "you'd have a lot more opportunities if you would ride on the road" so I started on roads with less traffic and have been riding 10-14 miles. Last year I had an urge to become a "real cyclist" so while on vacation in Vermont I rented a road bike for the day. Let's just say, when I passed my husband ON A HILL! I was HOOKED! I bought my first road bike this past October, a Jamis Ventura Comp and I love it. I'm thrilled to find this forum with all women cyclists. I had joined another forum and it was mostly men. It's OK but I wouldn't ask them about "sensitive" issues! lol I'm taking (and loving) spin classes at my local gym to get me ready for the road and I can't wait. I have to ask though, is it normal to think about cycling constantly and spend all your time online looking at bikes and gear? Guess I have to do something to pass the time during this miserable winter. THINK SPRING!

yeah, there are a few of us that can relate to that (the obsessing about bike stuff, not the snow)
    welcome to TE
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Welcome and happy riding into Spring (when it comes to you!) ~ a fellow bike obsessor!
    2011 Specialized Ruby Comp, Specialized BG Lithia w/ hollow Cr-Mo rails
    2009 Specialized Myka FSR, Specialized Windie 143

It seems normal to me.

I also like to spend my free time plotting new routes to ride on ridewithgps.com.

Welcome aboard.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    What part of Maine are you in? I hear you on having spring fever...looking forward to being able to ride. As much as I have enjoyed all the snowshoeing and XC skiing this year, I am hoping we don't get any more snow at this point in the season!!
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Another person from Maine here, and I can definitely understand your thoughts. WE certainly have a tremendous and beautiful state to ride in. Like many others, I spend lots of free time plotting out other routes. A great way to get through the snowy moths is either to ride a FATBIKE, xc ski or snowshoe. Not only is it great training for those first spring days but also a great way to see other parts of our beautiful state. What part of the state do you live in?

I'm a Mainer wannabe . Live up there part time, and this winter was a blast riding fat bikes, and doing some skate skiing. We're heading back up again next week and I can't wait. The road riding in Maine is really good, and obsessing about bikes, gear and routes is perfectly normal - of course, we are all enablers here!

Welcome to TE!

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Glad to know my obsession isn't "abnormal" lol I'm in Lewiston but I'm wishing I was someplace like NC or VA where I might be able to go out and ride once in awhile. Oh well. It will get here eventually - I hope!

I'm about an hour north of you, between Bethel and Rumford. I certainly understand where you are coming from, as I just got off the trainer HA! I keep telling myself to put lots of time on the trainer as it will pay off once we are able to get outside