Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Talking Choc Espresso Bean Warning

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have discovered, since Valentine's Day when I received four containers of choc covered espresso beans, and now carry them in the car, that there is NOTHING WORSE for sticking in your front teeth and being impossible to get out (except _maybe_ broccolli) !!!

I can only hope that I was not running around on my bike, boasting about how awake I was, with a mouth full of black teeth!

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Well, remember them for halloween--could really enhance the scary costume to have the black teeth!!!
    Whoever said last man standing wins never asked a girl to play!

a little hint

One of my biggest pet peeves is having something caught in my teeth. I now carry floss w/ me everywhere. I have found when I don't have floss... if you take a piece of paper and fold it over once or twice this works as a great took pic!

Then again leave them stuck there.. suck on them later & get a little kick

Nanci, I read your post and thought "What is she doing? Nibbling them in pieces? " So, I made the great sacrifice and performed a test. You're right! Seems the bean crumbles into teeny, tiny bits which migrate. Yuck!

I guess this means I always have to take a mirror or always ride with a friend who understands the mutual checking of one's public image. Now, what was that secret signal again for telling a loved one they have brocolli stuck in their teeth?

Of course, chocolate-covered coffee beans are only a winter time indulgence since they turn into a large ugly blob the rest of the year.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Sadie Kate,

I'm glad you could verify my research. It's horrifying, isn't it? Life will just never be the same. I am eating handfuls of dark choc-covered ginger to comfort myself.

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Love chocolate covered ginger

Quote Originally Posted by Nanci
    Sadie Kate,

I'm glad you could verify my research. It's horrifying, isn't it? Life will just never be the same. I am eating handfuls of dark choc-covered ginger to comfort myself.

Nanci

Dark chocolate covered ginger is my favorite! Is it from See's Candies by any chance? They make the best chocolate covered ginger! Of course, I'm on the East Coast now and See's isn't over here. I like the esspresso beans, too. But I cut out coffee last year.

Kerry

I broke a tooth on a choc covered coffee bean. They were one of my favorite things, but haven't had any since. Dang bean cost me $1500.... (build-up and crown)

Trader Joes has good dark-choc covered ginger. Big ol' tub for $3 or $4.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson