Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Rubbing Brakes

Rubbing Brakes

To disable ads, please log-in.

Can anyone recommend a good YouTube video or article on how to fix a rubbing brake on a road bike? I've looked at some, but just thought i would ask...
    I don't really do any of my own maint or adjustments, but this just seems like it should be easy to adjust.

Thanks!

AS you are watching your video, make sure that your wheel is true before you start making adjustments to the brake.

And make sure your wheel is properly set in the fork first! I've changed many a tire and started to swear because the "brakes rubbed" afterwards, just to have the problem magically go away once I'd loosened the QR, re-settled the wheel and tightened it again.

I don't have a video to recommend, but it's pretty straightforward. Either the brake wire is a bit too short, or the brakes are slightly misaligned, causing one side to rub but not the other.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett