Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

It does help that I've been here before and it turned out to be fine. One thing about being a DDD/F cup is there is a lot of tissue there to get things like cysts... I don't think I would be giving it a second thought if it wasn't for my Mom. I've also never taken hormones since losing my entire reproductive system in 2008 so that does decrease my breast cancer changes - if they are right on that. Thankfully I've a kick-butt workout in 90 minutes which will help

Best of luck and all good thoughts and prayers for you.

Like many of us, I've been there and luckily was fine. I was just thinking this morning how I wish there was a way to get back all the hours I've spent worrying over health issues over the years, both real (because the worrying certainly didn't help) and imagined. I'm worrying about a nagging pain right now! I'm sure I'll go ahead and schedule a doctor's appointment, because that ends up being the only way to stop worrying. In most cases, if I had waited another three days, the issue would have resolved itself!

I like the advice to have a plan for the worst and then hope for the best and stay as busy as possible until you get the results.

Peace and (((Hugs))))!

Grits

2010 Trek 5.2 Madone WSD, SI Diva Gel Flow
    2002 Terry Classic, Terry Liberator

It isn't over....the diagnostic mammogram showed the same area that is, hopefully, a cyst so they did an ultrasound. The ultrasound found nothing of concern in the same area, but found some other oddities. So the mammogram and ultrasound aren't agreeing with each other. So on March 21st they want to aspirate what looks like a cyst in the ultrasound and then do another mammogram to see if the oddity still exists in the mammogram. If the oddity is gone then I am done for the next year. Hopefully that is what will happen

Sorry to hear that, I remember what a PITA it was when I had huge boobs. Something was always looking weird, like you said, just too much tissue.

Ugh. ((((((Catrin)))))) Good luck.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Hoping this goes smoothly for you.
    My 2 call backs were for "dense breasts" and I hardly have any boobs at all .
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Hoping this goes smoothly for you.
    My 2 call backs were for "dense breasts" and I hardly have any boobs at all .
    I've been told several times by the mammogram people that I have dense breasts. It always makes me think of Wahine's signature (She's a little dense).

Good luck, Catrin. Let us know how it goes.

p.s. about your sister, you might want to talk to her. Think of what you would want her to do if the situation was reversed. We all handle stress differently, but it could be that she would want to know, and to support you.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Apparently mine aren't very dense, she showed me my images and pointed out what density looks like. I do have some areas that are, but they aren't bad.

I did speak with my sister. She IS a nurse and she said something about driving up there to slap me if I hadn't told her
    Last edited by Catrin; 03-12-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Bummer that this is not over for you yet, Catrin. I know you don't want or need the stress of worrying for any longer -- wish they could have gotten you in a bit sooner.

Keeping everything crossed for you!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Gah! Hang in there Catrin, we're all with you.

Thinking of you Catrin. Waiting is hard. Stay busy, take care of yourself and don't let your mind drift off into possibilities.
    I'm a 15 year Breast Cancer Survivor (Stage IIb) and a Melanoma survivor (very early catch).
    I've had many, many call backs after Mammos, many ultrasounds, 3 biopsies, 1 partial mastectomy, 2 MRI's, 1 PET scan, and so on and so on.
    I'm still here and I'm still riding.
    Chances are, you'll have your answers and walk away free on Wednesday. The odds are in your favor.
    Please let us know how things turn out.

Thanks everyone! I am focusing on keeping myself busy and occupied until Friday when I have the needle aspiration and yet another Mammo... hopefully with good news.

Oh god, they are really taking their time. This must be nerve wracking for you

I hope it all goes well and turns out to be just fine!

Just catching up on this. Thinking about you and good luck.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and will check back in tomorrow for your update.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143