Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Entry level, for under a £1000

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey

Have decided cyclocross bikes offer me what i'm looking for, stronf bike happy off-road, with no surspension but remain light, that with a try change are quick on-road. However it has been hard trying to find a bike the right size, between 44-47cm and realisticlly my budget has to be under a thoudsand pounds, any help?

cheer
    x

The Kona Jake is a basic 'cross bike that gives a lot for the money. The smallest size available is 47cm, so it might work with a bit of tweaking.
    'Cross bikes have a high bottom bracket and the wheels are pretty large diameter with big tires on, so it's difficult to make a really small one. There is a 24" wheel version of the Jake available for very small adults or older children, I believe.
    Queen of the sea beasts

Until last year, Cannondale used to sell cross bikes in smaller size, like 44cm. Maybe you can scoop a used on: look for the CAADX (their aluminum frame); SuperX is the carbon version. The CAADX retailed under $1500 with Shimano 105. Specialized has bikes as small as 46cm, I believe (the "Crux"). The Konas were very big when I was shopping around for one. (I ended up spending a lot more than I wanted/anticipated, but I am *very* happy with my bike, a Focus Mares CX2)