Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Loved your pictures and commentary, Emily. If you can believe it, I have only been to Tucson 4 times, despite living in Tempe/Scottsdale for 16 years. And 2 of the times I was there, was during the year my DS #2 was going to U of A, long after I left AZ. Tucson is just nicer and less like LA, and I often have rued the day I decided to go to ASU for grad school, instead of U of A.
    And, a butte is a geographical formation: an isolated hill with steep, often vertical sides and a small, relatively flat top; buttes are smaller than mesas, plateaus, and table landforms.
    They often look like small hills just sticking up out of the ground, not part of a group of hills or mountains.
    Actually, I do know what a butte is! Just trying to be humorous about the church sign.

After riding through the U of A, I found myself wishing I'd gone there too...though UNC-Chapel Hill was nice also.

We liked Tucson a lot, and it's definitely on the short list of wintering destinations. Can totally see the "snowbird" appeal as we don't like cold weather at all. We were so fortunate, too, in that they had their warmest Feb. ever just for us. It wouldn't necessarily be as good as we had it next year!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    Oh, that's too bad. No, that would be too small for us too -- we have to have a full-time bed, and not an offset one that requires one of us to crawl over the other to pee at night either! But we don't want to go too large as we want to be agile. Our current choice is a Phoenix Cruiser 2551 (26.5' long), which has twin beds. IF we are brave enough to pull the trigger, that is!
    I know what you mean. When I travel alone the Lazy Daze is perfect. With my spouse we need the 43 footer. I've seen the Phoenix Cruiser, it seems very easy to drive and user friendly. I liked the "Euro" look of the interior of the one I saw.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

Quote Originally Posted by goldfinch View Post
    I know what you mean. When I travel alone the Lazy Daze is perfect. With my spouse we need the 43 footer. I've seen the Phoenix Cruiser, it seems very easy to drive and user friendly. I liked the "Euro" look of the interior of the one I saw.
    I think you might be thinking of another brand, goldfinch. PCs are not Euro -- at least in the age range we're looking at (2007-2010). The newest ones are a bit more modern looking inside, but the ones we're looking at are traditional -- raised-panel cherry cabinets, etc. Very high quality (like Lazy Daze).

I basically put my foot down about anything larger -- I just wouldn't drive it. I did get to drive a smaller PC at a recent RV show in Tucson. It was the 24' model, and I felt pretty comfortable driving it so decided I could go up a bit to get us more space. I like that they are narrower and not as tall as most Class C's. We've done so much traveling in the US in the past year and driven through so many areas under construction, lane closures, etc. that driving a vehicle over 8' wide would make me very nervous!

Barry is training to see if his body might hold up to a cross-country cycling tour this summer -- it's something he's always wanted to do, and since he turned 60 in December, he's kind of thinking this would be the year to do it. If so, I'd be doing nearly all the RV driving to support him across the country, so it's really important to both of us that I feel comfortable driving whatever we buy. Since I've always had a small car, driving ANY motorhome is a big jump for me!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow