Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hey Lady, want to buy a recumbent?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Well, I decided that having a 'bent in an urban area as well as being 150 miles from the nearest dealer in those kind of bikes wasn't a lifestyle I was willing to embrace, so I spent my tax refund on a 2013 trek Lexa SL:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1959424_10152653976747977_986257953_n.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	16963
    Maybe one day, I'll actually get to ride it.
    I've made a deal with myself - only two bikes at any one time- so the 'bent needs to be passed on. When I talked to the Dealer I bought the Lexa from about boxing it up, the response was 'I'd have to see first' (I have taken it there before, but I don't think this mechanic has seen it) and I think I may have gotten moi banned from bent rider. Any other ideas? Craiglist? Go ahead and put it on a specialty site, with the proviso that they have to come to little old Rennselaer to pick it up? I'm probably going to wait till it get warm enough to do some test rides before doing anything.

I know that there is a Bacchetta Strada listed on Seattle Craig's list that has been there over a year. Course, the guy wants nearly 2000 for it and CL is not the place for a bike in that price range (IMHO). I don't know how much you want for yours, but I have noticed,from a year of keeping an eye on the listings, that ads for recumbents tend to stick around, reposting at regular intervals until the price falls under $500. I presume the failure to reappear means the bike has sold. I suspect you want more than that, but try it out and see--you never know. Speaking from my own experience as a buyer, I'd have to say I wouldn't buy a bike that wasn't from a local seller, so I didn't even bother looking at ads on specialty sites.

Those folks over at Bent rider are a touchy lot, aren't they? I like how you say you were banned for insinuating they were wearing tinfoil helmets. I suspect that is true

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2009 Specialized Tricross
    2012 Trek Mamba

Actually, I was thinking about $500 - it's an older model with a fair amount of wear and it does need a new BB.
    BROL seems to me to some secret club which I never learned the handshake to.
    I'm surprised he wants $2000 for a Strada, considering that mine ran about $1700 and you can get a new Corsa for $2000. A lot of folks don't think about depreciation, and I'd much rather see the bike out on the road again.
    Last edited by Fredwina; 03-03-2014 at 02:42 AM.

I haven't learned the handshake to BROL either. My first request to join the forum was rejected out of hand and I got a nasty email about being a dirty spammer. Turned out he didn't like my username (same as it is here and same as my email). When I did finally convince them I wasn't a dirty spammer, one of my first posts was greeted with a lot of nasty "here we go again" comments as if I'd said something horribly provocative (I merely mentioned that on my first ride with a flag, a neighborhood kid had nearly ridden right into me because he was staring at my flag). I don't visit them much.

The $2000 Strada supposedly hasn't been ridden and had a lot of fancy upgrades, I think

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2009 Specialized Tricross
    2012 Trek Mamba

B-R-O-L seems very cliquish. Many of them are "expert" in their own world... and their are others who seem friendly. It's a boys locker room so you can post it for sale there and I'm sure you will get several inquiries for you bent. Just take several antacids and others things to relax you. For $500 asking price I'm sure you will sell it in no time.

I've bantered and sparred with many of them there. Of course, I know absolutely zilch and a fat slug who can't go down a hill without breaking out in sweat and panting for my breath... "There is no way any woman can ride faster or better or know more about bike mechanics..." Then again the demographic of the site tends to be 50's white boys pushing 16. Not to mean or imply any sort of disparaging remark. Nice to see old buckwheats who think they are still stud muffins.