Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Trek or Bianchi?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello!

I've been riding on steels and recently had the thought to get a 3rd bike. I am petite (5ft with 27in standover) so getting a bike that fits is tough! I shortlisted the Trek Domane 4.3 & the Bianchi Dama Bianca. The Trek's standover fits but I'm not sure of it's weight. I couldn't find the standover OR the weight of the Bianchi. Anyone here can help? Tried googling but to no avail

Thanks!

Hi

Not sure this will help, but if you click on the type of bike you want then click on the 'Geometries' it will show you the spec.

http://www.bianchi.com/global/bikes/...DMaster=124362

Did you look into Bianchi international catalogue? http://www.bianchi.com/global/bikes/...0Dama%20Bianca

They should have all you need in there.

I would be less concerned about the weight and more concerned about the overall fit.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

As someone who is 5ft1in tall, standover is very important.

Can you email the Bianchi company directly to get the standover?
    2014 Liv Lust
    2013 Specialized Fate Expert with carbon wheelset (sold)
    2012 Specialized Amira Elite
    2010 Santa Cruz Juliana with R kit and Crampon pedals (sold)

2011 Specialized Ariel Sport,suspension post,Serfas Rx Women's Microfiber saddle (sold)

I've tried all online sites but none have stand over. And as TigerMom says, for a petite rider, stand over is really important! Weight is actually also important as our strength is usually proportionate to our sizes! I'm currently riding a steel that weighs about 9.5kg and I feel it going uphills especially!

My emails have gone unanswered too…hence was hoping someone here might have an inkling. Thanks anyway!

Well, I don't know about Trek/Bianchi, but I know for sure that you will fit a Specialized women's road bike 44cm if you are 5ft tall. I am 5ft1in and just made it to the 48cm Specialized Amira (I felt slightly cramped on the 44cm and I wanted more bottle cage space).
    2014 Liv Lust
    2013 Specialized Fate Expert with carbon wheelset (sold)
    2012 Specialized Amira Elite
    2010 Santa Cruz Juliana with R kit and Crampon pedals (sold)

2011 Specialized Ariel Sport,suspension post,Serfas Rx Women's Microfiber saddle (sold)

I am 5'1" and the Specialized Ruby 44cm and have no standover problem. I tried a 47 cm Trek and it just felt too stretched out for me- I don't know what the size is on the Trek Domane 4.3 or Bianchi.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

I have a friend who is very petite that just bought the Domane, she is very happy with it. I know it had to be special ordered for her & it's the smallest size available.
    "Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" (Robert F. Kennedy)

Just for the fun of it I mocked up the front triangle of the two frames in Inkscape and overlaid them. I used the geometry from the 50 cm frames. The seattube angles, headtube angles, seat tube length, stack and reach are accurate. Head tube length is an estimate. Here it is.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trek-Bianchi.JPG 
Views:	202 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	16958

The difference between the two bikes is minimal, but as you can see, the stand over is slightly more generous on the Trek, particularly closer to the seat post, at mid top tube, where it's most likely to count, there is almost no difference.

Can't help you on weight.

ETA - It should be noted that the diagram above is based solely on the reported measurements on the respective websites. That means it's only as helpful as the measurements provided are accurate. Different companies measure frames different ways and the reality of these two frames may be different from a virtual mock-up.
    Last edited by Wahine; 02-21-2014 at 11:48 AM.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Thanks everyone…very helpful!! I am a little fonder of the bianchi so Wahine's diagram has helped tip the scale a little

Another question..these are all on 700c wheels? How's the toe overlap issue?

PS. A Specialized size 44cm has a stand over of 702mm which is 10-15mm higher than my max.
    Last edited by Oxymoroncyclist; 02-23-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoroncyclist View Post
    Thanks everyone…very helpful!! I am a little fonder of the bianchi so Wahine's diagram has helped tip the scale a little

Another question..these are all on 700c wheels? How's the toe overlap issue?

PS. A Specialized size 44cm has a stand over of 702mm which is 10-15mm higher than my max.
    I have 700c wheels (44 cm Ruby), and a bit of toe overlap, but it isn't a problem as long as I'm not going super slow.
    "Susie" - 2012 Specialized Ruby Apex, not pink/Selle SMP Lite 209