Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

2012 Cannondale Quick 5

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi all,

I was casually browsing the local classifieds and a 2012 Cannondale Quick 5 caught my eye:
    http://www.cannondale.com/2012-quick-5-21008

From the pics, it looks like it's in really good condition, plus the seller told me it's serviced. It comes with a warranty and everything, the asking price is 270$. Now, I'm not really in the market for a new bike (already got an MTB), but I'm tempted by the offer because it seems pretty decent. I'm not sure if the size will fit me though, looks like it's 16" from the photos and I'm 5'7. Still, I'm tempted to go for a test ride and see how I like it. I'm a student so it will leave a dent in my savings though.

Anyway, I'd like to know if anyone's had one of these? How did/do you like it? Also, is the price fair? Should I make a counter-offer, perhaps?

Thanks, y'all

As far as I know, bike warranty are only for original owners....so I don't think that it matters whether it comes with warranty or not. But if that owner has the receipts, at least you know the bike was not stolen.

It sounds like a fair price. But, I guess if you already have a MTB, I don't know what you would be using this for since you are trying to save up since "you are a student".

I don't own this bike, but a lot of TE members have liked this bike in the past as a starter bike/commuter bike.
    2014 Liv Lust
    2013 Specialized Fate Expert with carbon wheelset (sold)
    2012 Specialized Amira Elite
    2010 Santa Cruz Juliana with R kit and Crampon pedals (sold)

2011 Specialized Ariel Sport,suspension post,Serfas Rx Women's Microfiber saddle (sold)

TigerMom, thank you for the input. I saw this opportunity (bike prices run at least 20% higher here than in the states and sellers usually refuse to realistically adjust the bike prices) and figured it would be nice to have a decent yet not too expensive commuter for uni - I don't leave my MTB anywhere and only use it for rides. However, even if I managed to adjust my finances to get by with this expense, I only have enough room in my apartment to store one bike so this one would have to reside in the apartment complex hallway, and that would demand heavy duty anti theft protection or it would get stolen. So I decided it's just not worth the combined cost and constant worry that it might still get stolen.

It's good to sleep on it sometimes before committing financially