Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Shingles? what's that

To disable ads, please log-in.

I tried to get vaccinated for shingles. Even though I'm not 60 yet. Took some convincing to get my doctor to prescribe me the shot because I was TOO HEALTHY, active, with reasonably good diet. my doctor didn't have the medicine at the clinic/office. I did get my tetanus booster though.

I tried to get vaccinated at different places but they all refused because it wasn't a clinic and I wasn't 60 YO. It didn't matter that I had prescription. This was about three years ago.

Geez, now I have a half a belt of rash from my back wrapped around to the front and it itches like crazy. And some of the blisters are now starting to scab over. It must be my good diet and still in descent shape. I have none of the extreme pain people are suffering. Just a mild discomfort from the rash. I JUST WANT TO SCRATCH!! GRRR!!!

Time to go watch a video on our brand new flat screen TV. So different than the CRT TV and no green martian.

Strange I'm not experiencing the severe pain yet. would it have started by now?? Rash area isn't expanding. Does anyone know?

I would go to your doc as it sounds like shingles. There's not much you can do, but at least he can verify it. Shingles are NOT fun as I've had it and I was in my early 30's so it can hit at any age.

I had a case in 2006 while doing a self supported tour of Nova Scotia. The Canadian doctor I went to thought it was just a migraine. Mine was around my eyes and forehead. Other than the headache, I didn't have a lot of pain. Riding my bike and pulling a bob trailer actually seemed to help. I ended up with some scratches on my corneas and my eye doctor confirmed that it was shingles after I described all the symptoms I had.

Veronica
    Last edited by Veronica; 01-31-2014 at 04:55 PM.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

If you are not having pain that's good! - you should probably go to the doc for an anti-viral to keep it that way.

btw - you can still get a shingles vaccine, cause it's not like chicken pox - you can get another attack
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Shingles? what's that

Go to the dr and get treated. Be sure you also get the gabapentin to fight the residual nerve pain that can plague you for months or even years. Been there, done that.
    Martha
    Work hard, be nice.
    Read a book.

This sounds exactly like the shingles I had maybe 6-7 years ago. I was in my mid-30s and had no pain, just itching from hell. I figured out after a couple of days what it was (confirmed at urgent care) and got on Valtrex antivirals quick. Never had them rupture, fortunately.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2