Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: RIP Pete Seeger

RIP Pete Seeger

To disable ads, please log-in.

I grew up with Pete Seeger. My mother took us kids to all the singalongs in the early 60's when he was still blacklisted, and I grew up with his music.
    Here is my activist mom's memoir.... she's been listening to him sing since 1948

http://hadditt.com/goodbye-old-friend-rip-pete-seeger/
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Amen. A national treasure.

I love your activist mom's tribute!!
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

I loved your mom's piece, too.

I shed a few tears this morning. First time I can remember crying over a "celebrity."

As I posted on FB: his voice guided my life. Some of the first songs I can remember hearing as a very small child, and songs that still inspire me when they come up on my iPod.

He played my college in I think 1977 on the eve of one of the big antinuke marches in Washington, and exhorted us all to go. Two hours later I was buying a ticket and getting on a bus. My first protest ever.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I agree with your mother on the Weavers Reunion at Carnegie Hall!!!

He was a troubadour of truth, love, peace, sister/brotherhood, work, protest and the power of community! He lives on in what he has given us.

Listening to his Broadside Ballads as I write this and the Ballad of Lou Marsh at the moment.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

What a great loss to the world. We will never see the like of him again in our age, I don't think. Larger than life, and yet so humble and giving, his music will reverberate for many generations to come. There was a special on PBS about him a few years back, I hope they show that again.

Loved the blog, well written tribute!
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"