Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I moved to a 27 inch Sony flat screen about 4 years ago and I like it fine...but my sister has a 55? 60? inch that her son gave her. It really is much too large for her small living room but I can see the attraction. When the time comes to replace it I will be less resistant to a larger tv, though I doubt that they even make them as small as 27 inches any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    I doubt that they even make them as small as 27 inches any more.
    They've got plenty of 27" TVs in the big box stores. We just bought my MIL a TV for Christmas, and while it was a larger one, we saw the small ones on display too. I just did a search on one of the big stores' sites and they've got 86 choices between 19" and 27".

(We had to wait for the family Christmas party to remove her old TV and install the new one. It took three strong men to get it out of the space and they wound up dropping it on the porch for the maintenance crew to pick up, because they physically could not carry it any farther. Just very lucky it didn't shatter!)
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

who has an old TV with CRT tube? ya knaw, those big clunky box kind..

There are formulas out there for room size/viewing distance size recommendations.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    They've got plenty of 27" TVs in the big box stores. We just bought my MIL a TV for Christmas, and while it was a larger one, we saw the small ones on display too. I just did a search on one of the big stores' sites and they've got 86 choices between 19" and 27".

(We had to wait for the family Christmas party to remove her old TV and install the new one. It took three strong men to get it out of the space and they wound up dropping it on the porch for the maintenance crew to pick up, because they physically could not carry it any farther. Just very lucky it didn't shatter!)
    This is good to know Oakleaf, we will see what is out there when it eventually comes time to replace what I have. As my current LR is much larger than previously I might even opt to go a bit larger. Irulan mentioned something about room size/viewing distance recomendations that sounds helpful!

Glad to hear the family was able to get the huge tv upstairs!!!

Glad to hear the family was able to get the huge tv upstairs!!!
    If it'd had to go upstairs it would still be there! It was actually trying to take it down the 4" front porch step that they dropped it.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I don't know the size of my living room offhand, but the whole condo is only 710 square feet so it's not a big room. My old TV was 27". When I upgraded, I went with a 36" HDTV. I've been quite happy with it. The TdF scenery shots look great in high def.

When I got rid of my old TV, I asked a friend to help me carry it down the stairs, but we weren't able to lift it. Luckily my neighbor happened to come home while we were struggling with it, and he carried it for me.

My parents still have an old 27" CRT TV. It's such a huge difference from my TV, especially when watching things in letterbox format. When I watch an F1 race on that TV, the on-screen graphics are too small to read.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Irulan mentioned something about room size/viewing distance recomendations that sounds helpful!
    more than you need to know about viewing distance

for viewing from an angle plasma's are usually better as of now though, which speaks to visiting a store to look at different models/sizes/screen technology……that technology is changing yearly though.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron