Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Share your adventures - please submit your travel film!

To disable ads, please log-in.

xposting with the New England thread:

Professional and aspiring filmmakers are invited to enter the 5th Annual Ciclismo Classico Bike Travel Film Festival.

The Festival is a highlight of Bike Month 2014, and is the ONLY film festival in the USA that focuses specifically on bicycle travel.

(note: as the female director of this festival, I work very hard to get an even mix of films in, because it could easily become the "cute English guy bike travel film festival" - I like cute English guys as much as the next person, but I do like to showcase adventurous women! So please help me out by submitting your film and telling your friends.)

CALL FOR ENTRIES INFORMATION
    The 5th Annual Ciclismo Classico Bike Travel Film Festival invites professional and amateur filmmakers to submit for consideration films ranging from 3 to 60 minutes.
    Films must feature bicycle travel of any type: organized tour or informal travel, domestic or international. One of our best-received films from last year involved an epic journey from Marblehead to Swampscott – so you don’t have to jump on a plane to get a great film.

New for 2014: in addition to the Grand Jury prize and the Audience Award, we'll have the Bay State prize, for the best film submitted by a Massachusetts resident. This award will include some first-class Massachusetts goodies!

SUBMISSION DEADLINE is March 1, 2014
    Submission regulations, where to send and more info is available at http://www.ciclismoclassico.com/filmfest
    Filmmakers will be notified of Selection Committee’s decision by April 1st.

About The 5th Annual Ciclismo Classico Bike Travel Film Festival
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014
    The Regent Theatre, Arlington, MA
    Social Hour 6-7 PM; films 7-10 PM
    A benefit for MassBike
    http://www.ciclismoclassico.com/filmfest

Want to see our 2013 Film Festival winners?
    Grand Jury Prize: The New Woman: Annie “Londonderry” Kopchovsky
    Audience Prize: Three-Legged Horses (best finale ever!)

Hi all!
    Just wanted to say we've extended the deadline to April 1st, particularly to get films by or about women. As often happens, most of our submissions are from men, and I have no interest in putting on the "Men's Bike Travel Film Festival" - if you or a friend has a cycle-touring film, please let me know! Women adventurers rock and I want to share that experience!

I can be reached at karin at tugboat23 dot com. Thanks!

I like sharing with other people who I know already before a trip...maybe I'm just particular. Chances are, I will jive with 1 or 2 out of a whole bunch of women. But I didn't know this practice of theirs and will ask someone who I know did 2 of WT's tours.